• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Post Anomaly / Issue
02-04-2024, 02:29 AM,
Thread Post Anomaly / Issue
Recently when creating a new post or reply to an existing, when I finish and select Post Thread the wait icon (circling thingy indicating something is in work) never refreshes as if the latency on the server side is very high.  Yet after waiting a few moments if I manually refresh the page my message has normally been posted.  I've noticed a few posts by different people that are duplicated - including myself - because we've thought something must have gone wrong with our initial post and selected Post Thread a second time.

On a different issue, when trying to then delete the duplicate post I receive an error message that says I don't have access to the forum in which the post I'm trying to delete resides.

These are obviously not show stoppers and the latency issue may very well be a function of the internet or my web browser settings, but thought I'd make the responsible parties aware just in case.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2024, 05:16 AM,
RE: Thread Post Anomaly / Issue
(02-04-2024, 02:29 AM)Nick R�sch Wrote: Recently when creating a new post or reply to an existing, when I finish and select Post Thread the wait icon (circling thingy indicating something is in work) never refreshes as if the latency on the server side is very high.  Yet after waiting a few moments if I manually refresh the page my message has normally been posted.  I've noticed a few posts by different people that are duplicated - including myself - because we've thought something must have gone wrong with our initial post and selected Post Thread a second time.

On a different issue, when trying to then delete the duplicate post I receive an error message that says I don't have access to the forum in which the post I'm trying to delete resides.

These are obviously not show stoppers and the latency issue may very well be a function of the internet or my web browser settings, but thought I'd make the responsible parties aware just in case.
Thanks for the info, I did notice that there had been some duplicate posts.

Personally I never see a spinning icon when I post, so I am not sure why you are seeing it at your end, as you say it is not preventing you posting, it is just a bit annoying!
Quote this message in a reply