• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

screen resolution
01-31-2024, 01:56 PM,
screen resolution
Hey guys,

I'm just curious, what resolution does everyone play SPWW2/SPMBT at?  

I play it on desktop resolution (1920x1080), but I find the units are kind of small.  I tried lowering the resolution to 800X600, but then the units/terrain lose resolution.  Of course its an old game, but I was wondering if anyone has found a middle ground.
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2024, 07:55 PM,
RE: screen resolution
I use:

2560 x 1440

In the past I used to use:

3840 x 2160

But I have switched to 2560 x 1440 for all my gaming needs now.
02-02-2024, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 10:56 AM by Dion.)
RE: screen resolution
I play at the recommended desktop resolution, which I believe is 1920x1080, though I could be wrong, and everything looks just fine to me; though, I should say I "used to play at the recommended desktop resolution", as my computer broke down a few years ago, and to this day I haven't replaced it yet, but when I do, Steel Panthers will be one of the first games I play.

Looking to get a nice size gaming laptop, I figure the bigger the laptop, the bigger the screen, hence the bigger viewing area it should have, and since it's a gaming laptop it will come with a game card, which should give it exceptional resolution even with a big screen. The biggest screen size for laptops I've seen is 18".

Though, I do see what you mean, I noticed it too, the higher the resolution, the smaller the units get, and the lower the resolution, the less detailed things become. I'll probably end up using whatever resolution windows recommends, which should be exceptionally good considering the next computer I get will come with a game card, which should give it extra resolution.