• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Final Test Game for ** Black Eagle and Barbary Lion
05-20-2024, 01:19 AM,
Final Test Game for ** Black Eagle and Barbary Lion
Gents,

Dawags and I just completed the final test game for my custom scenario ** Black Eagle and Barbary Lion. It was a major Axis victory (although for some reason it registered as a minor Axis victory).

Below are my comments on my scenario:

This was the final test game of this scenario.

As scenario designer, I will incorporate some minor improvements based on input from this and other games and issue a Version 2.1. of the scenario file.

Immense thanks to Dale Wagner for helping me to test both the initial version and Version 2.0. This final version of the scenario has been years in the making, and while this scenario is still pro-Axis (in my opinion), the Allied player has everything he needs to make this a real challenge for the Axis player - if he thinks outside the box and does not allow most of his forces to sit unused behind fixed defenses. Both the Allied and the Axis players must be familiar with and know how to employ a generous allocation of engineering units and vehicles.

I recommend this scenario for experienced players only, although between two opponents of different experience, the more experienced player should play the French. I also recommend this as a team game, with two Axis players (one for each Panzer division), and three Allied players (one for each infantry division).

This scenario is as historically accurate as I could make it in terms of the OOBs and the map, although some liberty was taken with the OOBs to improve balance. I hoped to shed light on a mostly forgotten but important chapter of World War Two that in many ways contradicts the commonly accepted narrative that the German Panzer Divisions just steamrolled all of the French opposition in 1940 on their way victory.

Any way, enjoy!

Schwerpunkt75, 19 May 2024
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2024, 01:20 AM,
RE: Final Test Game for ** Black Eagle and Barbary Lion
I will be working on Version 2.1 shortly and should have it out in the near future.
05-20-2024, 03:41 AM,
Thanks!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-20-2024, 08:27 AM,
Bravo, to your dedication to improving your scenario.
05-28-2024, 08:51 AM,
(05-20-2024, 08:27 AM)zap Wrote: Bravo, to your dedication to improving your scenario.

This is a really good game.
The German player has many mines and blocks to negotiate.
I do like the balance here.
Alex has put a lot of effort into making this playable, and I recommend it.
Although, not for the impatient player if you are German, as you have to get through the gauntlets of minefields.

Dale
dawags
05-28-2024, 11:29 AM,
(05-28-2024, 08:51 AM)dawags Wrote:
(05-20-2024, 08:27 AM)zap Wrote: Bravo, to your dedication to improving your scenario.

This is a really good game.
The German player has many mines and blocks to negotiate.
I do like the balance here.
Alex has put a lot of effort into making this playable, and I recommend it.
Although, not for the impatient player if you are German, as you have to get through the gauntlets of minefields.

Dale
dawags

I as well played his newest itineration and recommend it.