• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Are you Interested In Playing in a Blitz Wargaming Tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, would love to play in an FWWC Tourney
10.81%
4 10.81%
Yes, would love to play in a PzC Tourney
62.16%
23 62.16%
Yes, would play in either an FWWC or PzC based Tourney
27.03%
10 27.03%
No, ain't no one got time for Tournies
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tournament Poll
02-20-2024, 04:22 AM,
Tournament Poll
So this old fart here has decided it's Tournament Time.  It will be a bracketed format, and I'm looking for 32 players (at least) and I'm curious if we can still generate that kind of interest.  Naturally there will be prizes, WDS has graciously stepped up to provide a free game to the Winner, and The Blitz Wargaming Club has also stepped up to provide a free game to be drawn in a raffle amongst all entrants (so even if you don't win you'll still have a shot at a game).  My questions are thus:

What game series should I use and can I get the number of players interested in it to make my while.  Towards that end I've set up this little poll and I'd appreciate your feedback.
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2024, 04:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2024, 04:25 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Tournament Poll
(02-20-2024, 04:22 AM)Steel God Wrote: So this old fart here has decided it's Tournament Time.  It will be a bracketed format, and I'm looking for 32 players (at least) and I'm curious if we can still generate that kind of interest.  Naturally there will be prizes, WDS has graciously stepped up to provide a free game to the Winner, and The Blitz Wargaming Club has also stepped up to provide a free game to be drawn in a raffle amongst all entrants (so even if you don't win you'll still have a shot at a game).  My questions are thus:

What game series should I use and can I get the number of players interested in it to make my while.  Towards that end I've set up this little poll and I'd appreciate your feedback.

Oh, man, it's about time! I've been missing these.

Where's the poll, though?
02-20-2024, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2024, 04:44 AM by Steel God.)
(02-20-2024, 04:24 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 04:22 AM)Steel God Wrote: So this old fart here has decided it's Tournament Time.  It will be a bracketed format, and I'm looking for 32 players (at least) and I'm curious if we can still generate that kind of interest.  Naturally there will be prizes, WDS has graciously stepped up to provide a free game to the Winner, and The Blitz Wargaming Club has also stepped up to provide a free game to be drawn in a raffle amongst all entrants (so even if you don't win you'll still have a shot at a game).  My questions are thus:

Right at the Top, can you not see it?  Idea2
02-20-2024, 05:06 AM,
(02-20-2024, 04:37 AM)Steel God Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 04:24 AM)Liebchen Wrote:

Right at the Top, can you not see it?  Idea2

Nope, the link sent me right to the text and I didn't scroll up. Silly me.
02-20-2024, 06:18 AM,
Two free games on offer, we are spoiling you guys!!  Big Grin
02-20-2024, 11:42 PM,
Is this a tourney over several titles or one title?
02-21-2024, 02:27 AM,
I voted WWI but will play either
02-21-2024, 04:44 AM,
(02-20-2024, 11:42 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Is this a tourney over several titles or one title?

Well Josey - the only answer I can give at the moment is "that depends".  When I opened the discussion with Mr. Grumpy I wasn't committed to a platform and after talking we mutually agreed on an FWWC Tourney.  In the days following I got a little cold feet, not sure I can get 32 players to commit to a FWWC Tourney (early poll results may indicate I was right, time will tell).  That said, if we go with FWWC it's probably a little easier to run scenarios from all 3 titles because players who play FWWC tend to have all 3.  If we go the PzC Route multiple titles is easier if you go with older titles, on the other hand sticking with a single title makes getting 32 commitments easier, and frankly most PzC titles have enough good small-ish scenarios suitable for a Tourney.

So, at the moment nothing is set in stone but you hopefully follow my thought process.  One thing is for sure, I love a theme, so what I end up with definitely not be some random grouping of 5 scenarios drawn from 5 titles that have no bearing on each other.  There will be some connection. 

If you still got questions fire away.
02-21-2024, 04:45 AM,
(02-21-2024, 02:27 AM)jim pfleck Wrote: I voted WWI but will play either

Noted jim
02-24-2024, 01:57 AM,
(02-21-2024, 04:45 AM)Steel God Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 02:27 AM)jim pfleck Wrote: I voted WWI but will play either

Noted jim