• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM Issue - No Password?
06-29-2023, 02:56 PM,
PBEM Issue - No Password?
Just got going with my first PBEM game and my opponent generated and sent me the first file.  Was able to get it loaded in but surprisingly I was never prompted to generate a password at any point prior to the completion of my turn.  

After I was prompted the file was ready to email back to my opponent, I decided to load up that file to see what would happen.  As suspected the file was poised for my opponents turn and it didn't ask for a password to be put in to proceed.  I could tell the next step was going to reveal the map from my opponents perspective and I thankfully was able to shut the game down without seeing anything. 

I am running Salerno 43 v3.00 and I assume my opponent has the same version since he just got it during the summer sale.  Could a disparity in versions cause this?  I tried searching the forums for this issue and nothing came up so it seems this is a very unique problem that has cropped up.  Any ideas of what is going on? 

-Mark
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2023, 03:16 PM,
RE: PBEM Issue - No Password?
(06-29-2023, 02:56 PM)MisterMark Wrote: Just got going with my first PBEM game and my opponent generated and sent me the first file.  Was able to get it loaded in but surprisingly I was never prompted to generate a password at any point prior to the completion of my turn.  

After I was prompted the file was ready to email back to my opponent, I decided to load up that file to see what would happen.  As suspected the file was poised for my opponents turn and it didn't ask for a password to be put in to proceed.  I could tell the next step was going to reveal the map from my opponents perspective and I thankfully was able to shut the game down without seeing anything. 

I am running Salerno 43 v3.00 and I assume my opponent has the same version since he just got it during the summer sale.  Could a disparity in versions cause this?  I tried searching the forums for this issue and nothing came up so it seems this is a very unique problem that has cropped up.  Any ideas of what is going on? 

-Mark

It sounds like your opponent forgot to set the passwords on. I'm afraid they'll have to repeat their moves in a new game.
06-29-2023, 04:53 PM,
(06-29-2023, 02:56 PM)MisterMark Wrote: Just got going with my first PBEM game and my opponent generated and sent me the first file.  Was able to get it loaded in but surprisingly I was never prompted to generate a password at any point prior to the completion of my turn.  

-Mark

That is why I always play with email encryption turned "on" to prevent such an event from happening; sending my opponent the wrong file is not uncommon; at least now when I screw up, it doesn't cost me the whole game as now my opponent can't open my turn without the password...
06-29-2023, 07:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2023, 07:02 PM by devoncop.)
I am the "opponent" referred to by the OP.

I always have encryption on and this seems to carry over from game to game but for some reason in Salerno 43 it didnt do this.

I sent a new restarted game off and when Mark sent his first turn in I was prompted for a password afterI had set the encryption option during my turns so hopefully we are okay.

On a related point, in combat replays of the opponent's turn I usually in all my other games get quick flash notifications over each attack re men lost/ disruptions etc which is fine. In Salerno 43 however I seem to be getting a Pop up box with detailed die roll results etc which I have to manually close to move on.

Any idea how to turn the detailed combat results off...in a campaign that will drive me bananas 🤪
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
06-29-2023, 09:04 PM,
Try turning On Map Results on. Then you can adjust the speed of results as well.
06-29-2023, 09:47 PM,
Thank you Sir. Will do 👍
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
06-29-2023, 10:11 PM,
(06-29-2023, 09:04 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: Try turning On Map Results on. Then you can adjust the speed of results as well.

In PBEM play your opponent's setting for On Map Results when he plays the turn determines whether On Map Results is used.  I know because I sometimes turn it off when running tests and if I forget to turn it back on my opponent has to sit through a turn replay with the pop ups.
06-30-2023, 12:30 AM,
Ah That makes sense. Thanks.