• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Explicit Supply
06-19-2023, 07:14 PM,
Explicit Supply
Hi guys

Just seeing if anyone uses the Explicit Supply optional rule and would recommend it for FWWC Prussia 14 and Serbia 14.

Having just been reading up on this it seems it is likely to make a player much more cautious with ammunition and fuel than under the stock rules. At first glance this seems reasonable and realistic but the Blitz recommendation for WW1 games seems to be to just use default rules.......what am I missing ?
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2023, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2023, 06:11 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Explicit Supply
As you quite correctly state ES is not listed a a recommended optional rule for any scenario in any FWWC title, from my memory of testing these titles I think this was because of two reasons 1) With huge unit density in most scenarios adding in the additional layer of ES units would have made micro managing supply a real headache for most players and 2) the VST optional rules worked very well in representing the supply situation for both sides.

None of the FWWC scenarios were testing using ES, but that does not mean you should not use it if you can cope with the additional challenge that micro managing your supply brings.  Wink
06-20-2023, 06:17 AM,
RE: Explicit Supply
(06-20-2023, 06:11 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: As you quite correctly state ES is not listed a a recommended optional rule for any scenario in any FWWC title, from my memory of testing these titles I think this was because of two reasons 1) With huge unit density in most scenarios adding in the additional layer of ES units would have made micro managing supply a real headache for most players and 2) the VST optional rules worked very well in representing the supply situation for both sides.

None of the FWWC scenarios were testing using ES, but that does not mean you should not use it if you can cope with the additional challenge that micro managing your supply brings.  Wink

If you say that ES is not recommended for the FWWC titles that is good enough for me . If seasoned veterans of Panzer Campaigns such as yourself leave that box unticked, the thought that my peanut sized brain could handle the extra complexity is beyond all reason Big Grin

Many thanks

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"