• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cry UNCLE! I upgraded to Version 4.03
05-19-2023, 10:00 PM,
My 2 Cents  Cry UNCLE! I upgraded to Version 4.03
Gents: Smoke7

I upgraded to Version 4.03! I had been holding out with Version 2.01 because I was not a fan of the new dynamic menu interface. 

I do like the following items w/ Version 4.03: general portraits on the HQ units. Saved games in one folder. Still learning how best to use the menu interface. I keep the "Unit" menu up for the majority of game play and then toggle to "Combat" to use either artillery or airstrikes. Thankfully, the "Next Unit Stack" and "Next Turn" icons are static and always visible. "Engineer" menu is used as needed w/ engineers. The other menu icons - "Report," "Map," and "Highlight" I never use. So, I am grudgingly OK with the new menu and should get proficient with it shortly.

And the absolute best thing about Version 4.03? I can still use the Jison Map Mods!  Thumbs Up  

Who said you can't learn an old dog new tricks?   Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2023, 02:11 AM,
RE: Cry UNCLE! I upgraded to Version 4.03
Same here, I am slowly discovering what each button does, but as I suspected I am only going to use a fraction of them.

I know I am asking a lot, but the ability to just display the buttons you use would be a fantastic feature.  Wink
05-23-2023, 08:21 AM,
I do like the fact that the buttons to display the controls on the replay speed are shown.
05-23-2023, 10:56 PM,
I love the consistency across all titles and eras and the more generic and easy to find icons/buttons on the tool bar and the way to filter the tool bars down to what you need when you need it. Not to mention the consistent shortcut keys and hover overs.
05-24-2023, 03:05 AM,
yes, the replay speed buttons are my new best friend
06-05-2023, 12:24 AM,
Every morning I wake up is a bonus, came from painting miniatures and table top face to face gaming at a club, including national and team competitions around the UK, have some great boardgames as well.
But to be clear I stopped PBEM several years back and just fart about with the AI set at 50% advantage. When is this new killer AI going to hit the gaming market.
The updated games are a absolute joy, all quickly accessed and in a standard format, I have a extra folder with a mod version of every game.
I seem to spend more leisure time watching soccer and on youtube, here is a link to the Guadalcanal campaign with over 4 hours of content plus more episodes on the Pacific war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI4eNk69...Y2FuYWw%3D