• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Zovs-Mods (FWWC)
04-01-2023, 06:59 AM,
Zovs-Mods (FWWC)
First World War Campaign Mods

So in the process of porting my Panzer Campaign board war game mod (Zovs-Mods) over to the FWWC system, it turned into a complete overhaul of not only my original work but with how FWWC looks and feels in general.

Map
  • Ported over my bridge artwork.
  • Ported over my enlarged unit symbols artwork.
  • Changed the way HQs symbols are displayed by using the German symbiology for HQ size and by also adding a flag staff to the symbol.
  • Updated and corrected some symbols I originally created.
  • Updated the HQ color band.
  • Updated the HQ size.
  • Updated all the artwork to remove all the on-map counters for Mines, Bunkers, Improved Positions, Obstacles, Pillboxes, Trenches, and Forts was well as blocked hexes with my modified on-map versions.
  • Updated the gas artwork.
Unit counters and Info boxes
  • Updated all the national counters to colors more closer to "board wargame traditional" counter colors (think of both SPI Home Before the Leaves Fall and XRT/Command magazines 1914 Glory's End and 1914 When Eagles Fight).
  • Updated all the objective flags and the objective value boxes color.
  • Updated the Unit Info Boxes so they are darker and also when a unit is selected you can noticed it a bit more (I like using a dark red color to indicate this).
  • Updated the National flags to be more time period specific (Austro-Hungary for example).
  • Fixed all unit counters. I do not like the non-rectangular and oddly shaped original FWWC counters, these were taken from Jison's mod, they are off-set compared to other counters in all the other series.
Info
  • Modified the Info panel to make it a bit darker.
Screens
  • Created new cover/splash screens for each of the three titles so you know you’re using my mod.
  • Updated the command report dialog artwork.

Serbia '14

New cover art/splash screen.
[Image: CJyVF7l.png]

Austro-Hungarian units (blue-gray) advancing east towards Montenegro Irregular Mountain units with the Serbians on the far right in reserve. Note the new HQ symbol types here.
[Image: H1Dl5Kt.png]

German Corps (grey units and note the new Corps HQ symbol) behind the major river facing Serbian units behind obstacles (note the new Serbian Army HQ symbol and all HQs now have a new gold band), with Austro-Hungarian units (including some Mountain units-note in MCs I discovered that there is also Mountain HQ units so I modified my mountain symbol to be white, see that post and may have to port it over here if there are any Mountain HQ units in this series) in position with some disrupted British units in the city.
[Image: 24KQv15.png]

Bulgarian infantry (brown) and new cavalry types advancing west towards Serbian units in the Entrenchments and behind obstacles (note the new HQ symbols for brigades here and also note the new on map obstacle symbols which are my modified and updated versions).
[Image: Pv1A9Cy.png]

France '14

[Image: OpNPNdv.png]

New Belgium unit colors and note the new Army Group HQ symbol (I am not sure yet if I'll port these new HQ symbols over to my PzC mod yet, they don't work for MCs, see my next post there).
[Image: XMnuzEL.png]

New British, French and German units, with new HQ symbols (all the unit symbols have been updated in this series).
[Image: mQY3ABN.png]

Showcasing the new Mountain and Cavalry symbols plus the new Corps, Division and Brigade HQ symbols, as well as the new Objective flags (all countries in all three series have been updated).
[Image: Q7Qe8XQ.png]

New turn dialogs for both the Central Powers.
[Image: 3hQCw30.png]

And the Allied Powers.
[Image: fGAv4sq.png]

A new TF symbol (the TF background depends on the organizational colors).
[Image: 2j6bFOS.png]

Showcasing new RR/entrained symbols, recon (same as in my PzC mod) and some British Corps, Division and Brigade HQs symbols.
[Image: Fgz0Jpc.png]

The new CC Brigade sized symbol.
[Image: vybQD0I.png]

Showcasing a French Army Group HQ symbol.
[Image: cwhFBpf.png]

East Prussia '14

[Image: Gmc2cYJ.png]

Two German Divisions of this one Corps advancing towards a Russian Cavalry Brigade.
[Image: CMLqUHs.png]

Showcasing the Austro-Hungarian (blue-gray), Germans (gray) and new Russian colors plus new symbols for HQ and other types.
[Image: NbS1Ndl.png]

The new unit info boxes (similar for all three titles).
[Image: xKZHwOV.png]

Link to Zovs-Mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/kp2igzqc60entxo23l3iv/h?dl=0&rlkey=9y0w5yxo954ad2meytpz68cvo
Quote this message in a reply