• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question ????
03-10-2023, 07:56 AM,
Question ????
I remember many years ago   we were able to play against an opponent using ICQ to play games in REAL TIME..   is that still possible. just asking.
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2023, 01:14 PM,
RE: Question ????
(03-10-2023, 07:56 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: I remember many years ago   we were able to play against an opponent using ICQ to play games in REAL TIME..   is that still possible. just asking.

I did that once. It was supposed to be a team game, my brother and I were on one team, but he couldn't get his firewall to cooperate (that was the biggest issue), so I played alone 2 vs 1. Seems to me we did it through a site, sort of like playing on Steam. It was fun, but slow for my opponents with me having to make all the moves.  I don't think it works anymore, though, but who knows? I think the instructions were at Matrix's site. If some brave soul can figure it out I'd love to do that again.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-11-2023, 03:21 AM,
(03-10-2023, 01:14 PM)Scud Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 07:56 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: I remember many years ago   we were able to play against an opponent using ICQ to play games in REAL TIME..   is that still possible. just asking.

I did that once. It was supposed to be a team game, my brother and I were on one team, but he couldn't get his firewall to cooperate (that was the biggest issue), so I played alone 2 vs 1. Seems to me we did it through a site, sort of like playing on Steam. It was fun, but slow for my opponents with me having to make all the moves.  I don't think it works anymore, though, but who knows? I think the instructions were at Matrix's site. If some brave soul can figure it out I'd love to do that again.

Dave

I just googled ICQ. Do you know it still exists?!! Owned by the Russians. Supposedly if you know your old logins they'll still work.  Big Grin
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-15-2023, 09:36 AM,
No I don't remember my logins, i think it was a fun way to play especially on the smaller scn's.