• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Highlighting RAIL MODE
03-08-2023, 03:46 AM,
Feedback Needed  Highlighting RAIL MODE
In my opinion "Rail Mode" is a very important feature as it allows shifting units over large distances in a very short time ("Doing the von Moltke the Elder").

I guess it is of great operational not to say of decisive importance esp in the large and huge scenarios. 

Naturally Rail transportation capacity (RTC) is very limited.
The campaign France 40 scenarios (35 RTC or so for the Allied side) or the Marketgarden campaign in Scheldt 44 (RTC 5 for the Axis) are good examples for limited important rail movement options.
R
ail movement should be conducted in an early stage of the own turn as it is operational or even strategic in-theatre movement.

It is hard to find those units in Rail Mode under dozens or hundreds of other own units. 
At least I didn´t find a method of highlighting units in Rail Mode.

My suggestion is that a possibility should be integrated into the User Interface to Highlight only units in Rail Mode.
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2023, 08:45 AM,
RE: Highlighting RAIL MODE
(03-08-2023, 03:46 AM)LEGXXIIPRPF Wrote: In my opinion "Rail Mode" is a very important feature as it allows shifting units over large distances in a very short time ("Doing the von Moltke the Elder").

I guess it is of great operational not to say of decisive importance esp in the large and huge scenarios. 

The campaign France 40 scenarios (35 RTC or so for the Allied side) or the Marketgarden campaign in Scheldt 44 (RTC 5 for the Axis) are good examples for limited important rail movement options.
R
ail movement should be conducted in an early stage of the own turn as it is operational or even strategic in-theatre movement.

It is hard to find those units in Rail Mode under dozens or hundreds of other own units. 

My suggestion is that a possibility should be integrated into the User Interface to Highlight only units in Rail Mode.
The thing I try to do is highlite UNITS IN TRAVEL MODE and search in the far-out view.  jonny
03-17-2023, 10:43 PM,
(03-13-2023, 08:45 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 03:46 AM)LEGXXIIPRPF Wrote: In my opinion "Rail Mode" is a very important feature as it allows shifting units over large distances in a very short time ("Doing the von Moltke the Elder").

R

The thing I try to do is highlite UNITS IN TRAVEL MODE and search in the far-out view.  jonny

Thnaks for the advice!
03-24-2023, 05:38 AM,
(03-17-2023, 10:43 PM)LEGXXIIPRPF Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 08:45 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

R

Thnaks for the advice!

Another thing I've noticed is that I can lose units in RR-mode when I don't leave them on top of the stack; or under a flag!
03-24-2023, 07:33 AM,
My graphics mod makes it a bit easier to see rail units I’ll post some screenshots tomorrow, finished up my mods for FWWC and near finishing my mods for MC. After which I retrofit my newer changes onto my revised PzC games mod.
03-24-2023, 06:27 PM,
Its a little hard to see at large zoom level:

[Image: DGDech5.png]

But a bit better at mag zoom level:

[Image: Piqa0gE.png]

I do agree having a on map highlight would be useful.
03-26-2023, 10:20 AM,
Keeping them on top of the stack is key, but you can also find the rail symbol in your 2Dsymbols 50 and 100 files and change the color to red.
03-26-2023, 06:16 PM,
(03-26-2023, 10:20 AM)Kuriltai Wrote: Keeping them on top of the stack is key, but you can also find the rail symbol in your 2Dsymbols 50 and 100 files and change the color to red.

Wow!

How can I change the color of the symbols? 
I have found the national folders with the 2D symbols and 3d counters. The rest is wizardry for me....
03-28-2023, 11:25 AM,
In the map folder, double-klik on 2DSymbolsLg and/or small. It should open in MS Paint. Find the rail symbol. Select the color you want and change the black outline and RR to Red.
There are a couple titles where I struggled to spot Corps HQs and changed them to make them easier to spot.

Hope this helps.