• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wanting opponents please!
03-24-2023, 02:44 AM,
RE: Wanting opponents please!
In case you are wondering; Yes, I did totally forget that you could deploy on my side of the river.

Though your troops do look dirty, so I guess I'll push them into the river.
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2023, 03:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 03:54 AM by Cupressus.)
OK. Wash them.
03-24-2023, 04:15 AM,
> I've bought and deployed my troops for both games. You should be able to do that now.

"If an action was only completed very recently, you can describe it with the present perfect tense (sentence constructed not by me)."

So:

Setting (your turn) -> #0 Purchasing (my turn) -> #1 Purchasing and deploying (your turn)
03-24-2023, 06:39 AM,
You are correct.

>"If an action was only completed very recently, you can describe it with the present perfect tense (sentence constructed >not by me)."

>So:

>Setting (your turn) -> #0 Purchasing (my turn) -> #1 Purchasing and deploying  (your turn)
>[/quote]
03-25-2023, 12:38 AM,
>I don't know how to re-download a file...

I could not find any useful info about this topic, so here are my thoughts:

Your opponent has a finished turn file on their hard drive; you do not have the working entry in the "In Progress" menu. If the statements in the previous sentence are true, my advice is: Request your opponent to send the file via some other way and try to switch your match to regular PBEM.

If you meant uploading, my advice is (WARNING! Noob's advice here): Try to change the extension of the file from ".bts" to ".ema", or try to change the number of the turn, or try to manually move the file from the "Incoming/Saved" folder to the "Outgoing" folder, or try to switch to PBEM.

>Now, I have had my computer crash...

Great! I think I now have a solid understanding of how PBEM(++(+)) works through your explanation and after reading the post in some of the forums, so my gratitude is to you and to the author of the post. I have not done any new tests of "mid-turn saving stuff" because the previous turn is not a good candidate for testing, as deployment of defense takes too much time; if my tests produce expected results, the logic of this stuff will be complete for me.

>I'm not aware of any advantage...

I guess that in some other games that use PBEM++, players can redo "the Action Phase" by redownloading their turn.
03-27-2023, 06:40 AM,
My apologies, I need to take another break. I have technical problem. I will write more details tomorrow.
03-27-2023, 06:40 AM,
No worries. I'll wait.
03-29-2023, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2023, 05:12 AM by Cupressus.)
Since I have some ideas in my head. Do not bother me with your messages, one more day. I want to think about something.
03-29-2023, 05:13 AM,
Sounds good, I'll keep waiting.
03-30-2023, 08:42 AM,
>"Though your troops do look dirty, so I guess I'll push them into the river."

Considering some aspects of game mechanics, which I now understand much better, I am now sure this sentence is a joke.

I should prolong my break for a couple more days, as I need to fix a couple offline problems. Additionally, I now want to reread this thread because I think I overlooked many jokes.