• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wanting opponents please!
05-15-2023, 04:29 AM,
RE: Wanting opponents please!
I can certainly send such passwords in private; but I'd like to point out the lack of value to the password.
Someone would first have to care in any way about having a single use password to a non-confidential source.
Then see the password and connect it to a game with PBEM++. Then enter that password before you do. Then having the game just cancelled when we immediately see that someone else activated the turn, as seen in the starting email from the server. My response would be to just make a new challenge. I can't see a single person on this forum ever doing that.

As for the air power, no, I'll refrain. It gets a little silly on such a tiny city map, particularly in a Meeting Engagement. Now if the map was a double this size, I'd be fine with it. Or if it was an Attack or Assault (but probably not probe).

But your four Sheridans are an interesting choice.
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2023, 03:11 AM,
> I can certainly...
> As for the air power...

OK.

> But your four Sheridans are an interesting choice.

I wanted to have some guns to demolish buildings. I think PIVADs are most effective for this purpose. But they are too vulnerable, as gunners are exposed. In the previous battle, you lost those gunners three times. Funny thing is that all three are the work of the same soldier, private Ryavkin; his pixelparents will get emails about what a great pixelson they raised.
10-07-2023, 11:36 PM,
Very fun match. I got to experiment with taking an Abrams.

When I moved the Abrams up (and out of it's overwatch position), I was under the mistaken impression you had only 4-5 tanks left. I was very shocked when you moved up with a lot more than that. What I should have done was retreat the abrams. It didn't help that the abrams insisted on keeping its turret in an odd direction, and was totally blind to your tank that moved right beside it. My Dragon ATGMs also really let me down.

I got room for another match if your interested.
10-11-2023, 06:01 PM,
Sure.
10-12-2023, 08:48 AM,
(10-11-2023, 06:01 PM)Cupressus Wrote: Sure.

I'll be out of the country till Oct 16th or so. But when I get back, I can send a challenge.

Do you have any preferences for a CW match?

If not, I'll send a Medium Map, Medium Force Size, on a Meeting Engagement. I'll try and pick a more interesting map than the last match. I'll take Blue.

But if you do have a preference, let me know.

-Chris
10-13-2023, 06:07 PM,
No preferences. Any type of battle, any side, any size, any map, any weather. For me, either choice is fine.
10-19-2023, 02:31 AM,
(10-13-2023, 06:07 PM)Cupressus Wrote: No preferences. Any type of battle, any side, any size, any map, any weather. For me, either choice is fine.

A Christmas War sent.

Scenario, " It's Christmas, 1981 and American forces are desperately trying to delivery as man Rubik's Cubes as they can to the children of the German town in order to induce a spending spree among the parents; but the Soviets have caught wind of this plan and will stop at nothing to instead force all the good girls and boys to play Tetris instead with toy blocks carved from dried beets. A race to see who can occupy the toy distribution centres and the hearts, minds and pocket books of the local population."

Month- December
Weather- Random
Ground Con- Random
Nato Command unit- Santa Claus
Soviet Command unit- Comrade Ded Moroz
10-20-2023, 07:05 PM,
Good. Only two points:

1. Ded Moroz will not have Air Support in this battle.

2. I'll try to do my best; these poor kids definitely need something better than dried vegetables and dull Rubik's cubes.
10-21-2023, 01:45 AM,
I'll have to see what the weather is like before I send up Santa's sleigh. I don't know if Rudolph is on rotation to guide them through a snow storm. But for safety sake, if Grampa Frost is staying on the ground, then I'll keep my reindeer grounded.

The german children really want Lego, but that could be considered a war crime if they are dropped on the ground. Too many bare footed civilians and soldiers stepping on those lego's and falling to the ground in foot pain.
10-24-2023, 09:54 PM,
(10-21-2023, 01:45 AM)naughtkris Wrote: The german children really want Lego...

They will get it! I didn't sign the Geneva Convention, so I don't care much. I'll give them damn Tetris, I'll give them damn Lego, I'll give them vodka, whatever they want. I am kind. So don’t harness your sleigh. Don’t bother your deer. Santa, stay home.