• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WDS Modern Campaigns Updates + Demo
01-01-2023, 12:57 AM,
WDS Modern Campaigns Updates + Demo
[Image: MC_402_Cover.png]

We here at Wargame Design Studio (WDS) wanted to go out of 2022 with a bang, so on this last day of the year we bring you some more goodies.

The Modern Campaigns series has been updated today. Additionally, we are releasing a new demo for the series, Quang Tri '72. We believe the scenarios included here are quite possibly the last ones John Tiller ever designed. His main focus was of course on programming.

And don't forget - the winter sale ends on Tuesday, Jan. 3rd at 10 PM EST!

Read all about this in our latest blog post: https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/modern-...dates-demo
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2023, 03:14 AM,
RE: WDS Modern Campaigns Updates + Demo
Is there any way I can keep the classic/old Toolbars for the Main Program?
01-04-2023, 03:26 AM,
Only by not updating to the 4.01 version, sorry. 4.0 will still work fine though if you wish to remain on it.
01-04-2023, 06:59 AM,
(01-04-2023, 03:26 AM)rahamy Wrote: Only by not updating to the 4.01 version, sorry. 4.0 will still work fine though if you wish to remain on it.

Cry
01-05-2023, 06:10 AM,
While I applaud WDS for all their great work with updates, it would be nice if there was the option for players who preferred the old tool bar to be able to keep it while updating to the latest version, rather than being forced to use it.

Updating my FWWC titles from the original toolbar to the latest version has been quite a shock at the bewildering amount of icons that I am now have to sort through, it certainly has slowed my play, but I am sure with enough time I will be able to see the wood for the trees!  Whistle
01-05-2023, 07:00 AM,
For me, the new 4.01 (and greater) toolbar and (this is the key part for me) the short cut keys being consistent is the greatest thing the new tool bar offers.

I got used to the new way (Ctrl + T, X, H, C, Ctrl +A etc.) short cut keys work that i the pre 4.01 toolbar having all the inconsistent short cut keys was a royal pain in the butt.

One thing to note with the new tool bar is you an set it for what you need/want (unit, combat, engineer, report, map and highlight) to reduce the buttons, but on my wide screen 5k monitor I just leave them all on and use my short cut keys that I use the most and barely access the tool bar.

Just my 3.5 cents Big Grin
01-05-2023, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 07:35 AM by Kool Kat.)
(01-05-2023, 06:10 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: While I applaud WDS for all their great work with updates, it would be nice if there was the option for players who preferred the old tool bar to be able to keep it while updating to the latest version, rather than being forced to use it.

Updating my FWWC titles from the original toolbar to the latest version has been quite a shock at the bewildering amount of icons that I am now have to sort through, it certainly has slowed my play, but I am sure with enough time I will be able to see the wood for the trees!  Whistle

Gents:  Smoke7

I agree 100% with Darran.

David and WDS Co. graciously gave us a "Legacy" Gold Graphics option.

Cannot that same grace be extended to provide players a "Legacy" Menu option? Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-06-2023, 12:49 AM,
(01-05-2023, 07:34 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 06:10 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: While I applaud WDS for all their great work with updates, it would be nice if there was the option for players who preferred the old tool bar to be able to keep it while updating to the latest version, rather than being forced to use it.

Gents:  Smoke7

I agree 100% with Darran.

David and WDS Co. graciously gave us a "Legacy" Gold Graphics option.

Cannot that same grace be extended to provide players a "Legacy" Menu option? Idea2

Agreed!  I use maybe 5-7 buttons a lot.  The rest I use little, sparingly or not at all.  I don't need a button on the menu for those.
01-06-2023, 04:57 AM,
Obviously in a "perfect world" the ability to customise the toolbar to show only the icons you require would be the perfect solution, I am sure it could be done but just how much effort it might take I have no idea, Wink
01-06-2023, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 05:34 AM by Kool Kat.)
(01-06-2023, 04:57 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Obviously in a "perfect world" the ability to customise the toolbar to show only the icons you require would be the perfect solution, I am sure it could be done but just how much effort it might take I have no idea,  Wink

Hey Darran,

But that's not what I or other players who want to continue to use the Gold Standard menu are requesting. We're not asking for a customizable toolbar, just the ability to continue to use the pre-patch Gold Standard menu. The proverbial saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rings true here.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email