• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newbe
12-24-2022, 07:15 AM,
Newbe
Today i bought War in the east 2. And as a newbe i need some help for the rules and to play
What's to say? A very little little let us do. And all is done. Then let the trumpets sound the tucket sonance and the note to mount;For our approach shall so much dare the field that England shall couch down in fear and yield.(Shakespeare,Henry the fifth)
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2022, 01:38 PM,
RE: Newbe
Welcome to the ladder and game. I don't have it myself, but I hope someone will give you a hand.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-26-2022, 03:29 PM,
What worked for me was setting aside a day to go through this tutorial series. It chugs along but it is much more digestible than trying to get through the manual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eImoTWdT...GamingDojo
01-05-2023, 08:52 PM,
When ever you are ready for a smallish battle, let me know.
-Saluti Itlnprd
01-07-2023, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 01:02 PM by DB_Zero.)
YouTube is your friend. Do a search for tutorials and play troughs. Strategy Gaming Dojo has a series of excellent videos. I've played a little WitE2 against the AI in the full campaign scenario.

I recently started up the other monster GG game War in the West. I owned since it came out. Played and then stopped, then started then stopped and now back in.

I started the 43-45 Campaign in WitW and got through to July 1944 and have saved and restarted from the beginning to try out alternative strategies as well as implement some new things I learned. Even-though I have past experience with WitW and WitE you will always be learning as these massive games are beasts. Its not uncommon to play then restart. There's just so much to these sorts of games.

One thing to be aware of is, if you are planing to play h2h eventually, you can learn bad habits when playing against the AI. Years ago when GGs other massive game War in the Pacific came out I learned that the hard way. I played 2 full campaign games head to head-once in War in the Pacific and War in the Pacific AE. The first time I played against another person I found out fast, fortunately my opponent said you're new to this h2h and it would be best if we restart, so we did and from then out it was a great experience.

In War in the West you can probably get away with doing small amphibious end around with small forces if you're playing the AI, but doing so against a competent human is probably not going to end well. Also the AI is given some cheats that in a h2h game won't be present. Don't know about WitE2, but I wouldn't be surprised if the AI is given some cheats that when playing h2h won't be present. I suspect that playing against the AI in WitE2 you can get away with things that against another competent human is going to cost you dearly.

You can let the AI handle the airwar in both War in the West and East2, but really you should learn how to manually do missions. In War in the West the allieds live and die by airpower and that will make or break you. I'm not as versed in War in the East2, but from what I've heard that while airpower isn't as vital as it is in War in the West, you really should still be comfortable manually handling airpower to get the most out of it as the AI while not terrible is not that great according to some. Its pretty hard if not impossible to program an AI that is going to be as flexible and competent as a human.

I've heard varying opinions on what needs to be done in WitE2 when playing as the Germans in the full campaign game against the AI. I haven't looked much into what its like playing against another human. I was asked to play a h2h game a while back but I declined as it was going to be a big commitment and I still wasn't comfortable with the new system, especially the air component. Its a bit different than what I'm used to from War in the West.

Eventually I will dive back into War in the East 2, but right now War in the West is taking up a lot of my time.

Any of the monster Gary Grigsby games require you to learn, study, play, then replay and study and study more. Go to the Matrix website and read whats posted. I've been playing Gary Grigsby games since the 1990s and they are in a class of their own. Before that I was into the monster SPI wargames. It takes a certain kind of insanity to get into this sort of madness...