• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updates
12-14-2022, 07:36 AM,
Updates
Is there no way to have to old look?  Sure was a lot better.  So many buttons I don't even use or was easy to use the drop down menu.  Wish you would give us the option to keep the old look.  Looks too cluttered now.
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2022, 04:15 AM,
RE: Updates
Appearances are certainly subjective, and I can appreciate you wanting to keep it the way it was, but all those buttons might come in handy when you realize that the hotkeys have all changed as well! The hotkeys now are the same as those for PzB.
12-15-2022, 06:04 AM,
If one sets the toolbar to large, you will see the common buttons on the first row and the second row has all the buttons. On the first row, if you can change which buttons you see on the second row by: ALL, UNIT, COMBAT, ENGINEER, REPORT, MAP, and HIGHLIGHT. I find it useful because my eyesight is not what it used to be.
12-15-2022, 09:15 AM,
(12-15-2022, 04:15 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Appearances are certainly subjective, and I can appreciate you wanting to keep it the way it was, but all those buttons might come in handy when you realize that the hotkeys have all changed as well! The hotkeys now are the same as those for PzB.

I never use hotkeys and anything I might use is in the drop down menu.  Everything was just right, IMO.  If they made the drop down menus to be drag and drop, everybody would be happy.  I had a war game like that and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.  That would be worth it to incorporate in all games they have and future ones still to come.
12-15-2022, 06:50 PM,
Try the static menus, they emulate the old menus with some additional options.
12-15-2022, 11:14 PM,
What are static menus?
12-16-2022, 05:33 AM,
(12-15-2022, 11:14 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: What are static menus?

It's an optional configuration for the toolbars. It's not the old one, but it's closer in look. You can enable it in Settings->Toolbar->Category->Static All.
12-16-2022, 09:37 AM,
Am only beginning to experiment with the 4.01 Update, so maybe I'm not understanding this: when I use the F6, F7, F8 keys to vary replay speeds, a dialog pops up which I don't really care about and have to waste a click or keystroke to get rid of. To wit:
[Image: dialog.jpg]

Very annoying in a large scenario such as the Serbia campaigns. How can I skip this, or can I?
12-16-2022, 10:49 AM,
Another small detail: At least in France 14 and Serbia 14, the F1 command to bring up the Help file doesn't work. F2, F3, and F4 do work. The FWWC.pdf file is there, in the  Manuals folder, but one has to either navigate to it through File Explorer or bring it up through a .pdf reader such as Acrobat.
12-17-2022, 12:29 AM,
(12-16-2022, 05:33 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 11:14 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: What are static menus?

It's an optional configuration for the toolbars. It's not the old one, but it's closer in look. You can enable it in Settings->Toolbar->Category->Static All.

Looks like bigger pictures.  Not good enough and still takes a row of map away and all new icons I have to sort thru to find and use.  All the extra should have been left in the drop down menu.  It is not a good change.  Adds too much clutter.  I'm a Keep It Simple-Stupid kind of guy.  The key to doing anything easy, including the hard way, is to be organized.  All this time, one or more person put into doing this, could have been better spent on working on the new titles.  They need to go back and make it a choice.  If they can make a whole title, they can fix this mess.