• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bulge '44 bug
11-15-2022, 05:16 AM,
Bulge '44 bug
Playing Bulge '44 16_01s (Alt Campaign) PBEM. It's turn 16, and when I sent the Allied turn to my German opponent, the game said time had expired and declared an Allied victory. Not sure what the bug is. We were playing with the recommended options, though we did play with the No PBEM Save option.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2022, 02:09 PM,
RE: Bulge '44 bug
There is a setting for Early Scenario Termination. If either side reaches a major victory during the game, it ends at that point. However, I checked most of the Bulge scenarios just now and didn't see any with that set. However, that is the only potential cause I know for what you saw. And for the scenario you noted, the victory levels start out at a major loss anyway.

Sorry no other ideas. You could send a save game, if this is the standard version that comes with Bulge itself, to WDS support to see, maybe.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-16-2022, 02:00 AM,
(11-15-2022, 02:09 PM)Ricky B Wrote: There is a setting for Early Scenario Termination. If either side reaches a major victory during the game, it ends at that point. However, I checked most of the Bulge scenarios just now and didn't see any with that set. However, that is the only potential cause I know for what you saw. And for the scenario you noted, the victory levels start out at a major loss anyway.

Sorry no other ideas. You could send a save game, if this is the standard version that comes with Bulge itself, to WDS support to see, maybe.

Thanks Ricky, I did that last night, hoping to hear back today.  I suspect we’ll have to restart the game or go back to the last good turn.
11-16-2022, 12:25 PM,
(11-16-2022, 02:00 AM)Steel God Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 02:09 PM)Ricky B Wrote: There is a setting for Early Scenario Termination. If either side reaches a major victory during the game, it ends at that point. However, I checked most of the Bulge scenarios just now and didn't see any with that set. However, that is the only potential cause I know for what you saw. And for the scenario you noted, the victory levels start out at a major loss anyway.

Thanks Ricky, I did that last night, hoping to hear back today.  I suspect we’ll have to restart the game or go back to the last good turn.

I saw your post at WDS after seeing this. Hope it gets sorted but that is an odd one. If you guys have a save you revert to, then if one of you shares a turn sent to you with password, I could do some digging to see if anything looks off. Even fix it if there is something so it can continue.

Good luck.
11-17-2022, 01:52 PM,
(11-16-2022, 12:25 PM)lol Ricky B Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 02:00 AM)Steel God Wrote:

I saw your post at WDS after seeing this. Hope it gets sorted but that is an odd one. If you guys have a save you revert to, then if one of you shares a turn sent to you with password, I could do some digging to see if anything looks off. Even fix it if there is something so it can continue.

Good luck.

WDS had no idea but offered a work around, they suggested deleting the PBEM.yyy and .xxx files and reloading the game.  That did not allow me to view the replay from the turn but it allowed me to proceed without replay (for that 1 turn).  We’ve moved on now and have gone several more turns without issue so hopefully it was just a one off.   By the way,  Volcano Man is a damned sadist….when he revised Bulge with his alt files he put in obstacles and mines everywhere.  Makes it hard on a poor Kraut General lol
11-17-2022, 02:03 PM,
VM. a sadist? I believe that is about right lol. I did a lot of testing of his alt stuff there, fairly early on in his work on all of that.

Glad you appear up and running. Definitely an odd one there.