• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Army Move Ancient Wars
11-07-2022, 09:42 PM,
Army Move Ancient Wars
/hi
A few questions about the armymove command in ancient war series.

1/ It says in the manual this command can be given 3 times a phase.
How do I issue that command 3 times then?
do I press enter 3 times or what?
2/After the army has moved 1-3 hexs cand I issue further command to groups or single units?
3/What happens to units with no MPs when armycommand is given?
4/Do some scenarios start with units already grouped? For instance punic wars heraclea scenario the romans are are lined up in about 6 legios, are the legios perhaps grouped already or not?

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2022, 10:31 PM,
RE: Army Move Ancient Wars
Hi, did you figure this out?

You do need to hit army command 1, 2 or 3 times to have your army use that function. There is text in the lower left of the screen that tell you has many army commands you have given given. You then hit next turn and the army rumbles forward. When using army command you cannot give orders to formations or individual unites, so used in a set piece battle where you just want to get closer with no fuss.
07-07-2023, 09:31 PM,
(11-07-2022, 09:42 PM)pavane Wrote: /hi

2/After the army has moved 1-3 hexs cand I issue further command to groups or single units?
4/Do some scenarios start with units already grouped? For instance punic wars heraclea scenario the romans are are lined up in about 6 legios, are the legios perhaps grouped already or not?

Thanks.

Most scenarios start with units grouped such as you say into Legios or even smaller groupings such as the Hastati. This is clear when you use the menu - Display - Highlight - Organisation then click on a unit and all units in that group will be highlighted. This also helps determine if you have a leader for Command Control and whether you need to change the units in the group by creating a new group.

Paul
11-12-2023, 09:32 PM,
(07-07-2023, 09:31 PM)Titus Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 09:42 PM)pavane Wrote: /hi

Thanks.

Most scenarios start with units grouped such as you say into Legios or even smaller groupings such as the Hastati. This is clear when you use the menu - Display - Highlight - Organisation then click on a unit and all units in that group will be highlighted. This also helps determine if you have a leader for Command Control and whether you need to change the units in the group by creating a new group.
Thanks for the reply. Will try again see.

Paul