• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

XMGO
11-04-2022, 10:16 AM,
XMGO
Hello , 
Can anybody tell me where I can find the mods from XMGO for the Eastern and West front
All the links I have tried appear to be dead .
I am trying to collect various mods for these games before they disappear, I found versions of the scenery for both of the games in these forums for the 3d maps which are great and many thanks to Warhorse who made them also can anybody tell me what the specials folder within the program are for and how to use them many thanks
Regards
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2022, 10:24 AM,
RE: XMGO
Hi Toolsey2,

Sorry I can't help you with this because I have never heard of XMGO.

Regards,
John
11-04-2022, 11:33 PM,
There are some old threads here at the Blitz (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64101) and at matrixgames that I found, but none of the links works anymore. Some of the active participants in the thread that might be able to help are Crossroads and Warhorse. The mods looks nice, I must admit.

Let us know if you find them anywhere and I'll see if we can give them a permanent download link at the Blitz.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-06-2022, 04:07 AM,
XMGO, now that rings a bell. Indeed, I seem to have stored it in a Dropbox Public folder I had for various JTCS mods, but it was already ages ago Dropbox decided that content on the Public would no longer be that.

Try this, it should be a master zip to various EF WF RS mods he mentions in his posts.

DOWNLOAD LINK
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-06-2022, 08:47 PM,
If there are other posts by me with a link to Dropbox it is likely the same case in that Dropbox Personal initially all files stored under Public to be, well, public. That feature was then deprecated and each file needs to be provided with a file specific link now.

I likely have all the files still there, just let me know a post with a broken link and I will try to restore it.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-07-2022, 02:46 PM,
Thanks Petri! I'm curious now. I'll have to play with those.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-09-2022, 09:14 PM,
Hello Crossroads and Scud and Big Ivan thanks for getting back to me regarding those graphic mods , crossroads thanks for link will try it out when I get time
Another thing if you all don’t mind I am having trouble putting new scenarios into my folders
My game is patched to 2.02 and I have downloaded the Arracourt scenarios plus others from blitz which was from a chap from CSLegion also the Crete and Barbarossa campaigns from the German site linked from blitz and matrix forums ,
I have placed files in either west or east front folders and they show up in the separate scenario program which comes with the latest patch but when I click to run they start and then after choosing which side instead of battle coming up I get an error message saying
“ invalid format “
The background sound is okay but it won’t open main tactical map ,have you any ideas what could be wrong.
Regards
11-11-2022, 03:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2022, 03:31 AM by Scud.)
(11-09-2022, 09:14 PM)toolsey2 Wrote: Hello Crossroads and Scud and Big Ivan thanks for getting back to me regarding those graphic mods , crossroads thanks for link will try it out when I get time
Another thing if you all don’t mind I am having trouble putting new scenarios into my folders
My game is patched to 2.02 and I have downloaded the Arracourt scenarios plus others from blitz which was from a chap from CSLegion also the Crete and Barbarossa campaigns from the German site linked from blitz and matrix forums ,
I have placed files in either west or east front folders and they show up in the separate scenario program which comes with the latest patch but when I click to run they start and then after choosing which side instead of battle coming up I get an error message saying
“ invalid format “
The background sound is okay but it won’t open main tactical map ,have you any ideas what could be wrong.
Regards

I tested Arracourt The First Day. All three files get added to the West Front folder, in the main hierarchy. It played without error, so without testing all of them, I'm going to assume they're fine. If you have a specific Arracourt other than the First Day that doesn't play, let me know and I'll test it.

As for the others, can you give me the specific scenarios or send me the files? One of two things comes to mind, the first is you placed the files in the wrong game (ie EF files in the WF folder); the second is that the scenarios are very old and the old Talonsoft game maps were never converted to work with the newer Matrix version. There's a way to convert them, but I'm not sure how it was done.

Dave

PS: I just tested East Front - Panzerblitz-Barbarossa 1941 Situation 1-First Clash of Armor. If that's one of the "Barbarossa's" you tried, that works for me too. Make sure you put the scenarios in the proper folder.
Send this user an email