• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Midway 4.0 game trouble
07-04-2022, 01:11 AM,
Midway 4.0 game trouble
I just installed the latest version of Midway (v4.0)
the game and AI are completely dysfunctional.
I tested different scenarios:

- naval research missions send all aircraft in the direction of north (0°), regardless of the player (US or Japanese)

- on the Battle of the Eastern Solomons, Santa Cruz and Truck scenarios, some islands do not appear on the main map! (Guadalcanal, Malaita, Rennel...Henderson Field is at sea!)

Not to mention AI managed fleets that do nothing but go straight, targets for naval attacks on non-priority targets, attacks that pass right over the target but do nothing and carry on straight...

the game is completely screwed up.

Am I the only one to experience this disaster ?

I will soon attach files and pictures of those bad things.
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2022, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2022, 02:30 AM by Terrific T.)
RE: Midway 4.0 game trouble
here are some examples of broken recon and missing islands:

[Image: n64c.jpg]

[Image: wv6o.jpg]

[Image: klvd.jpg]

[Image: 4g4g.jpg]
07-04-2022, 06:57 AM,
You can send a game file to the [email protected]  address and we'll look into it. But yes, your reports are not common - there are some strike behavior issues that need corrected and that we are looking into, but I personally have played the A/I many times and not experienced this behavior.
07-04-2022, 08:41 PM,
thank you, I send several save games on differents scenarios, all with bugs.
07-05-2022, 10:28 PM,
For anyone reading, most of the graphical issues are due to a low end video card on an old Windows 7 machine. We're investigating the other issues now.
08-31-2022, 03:00 PM,
(07-04-2022, 06:57 AM)rahamy Wrote: You can send a game file to the [email protected]  address and we'll look into it. But yes, your reports are not common - there are some strike behavior issues that need corrected and that we are looking into, but I personally have played the A/I many times and not experienced this behavior.

Midway 4.0: I tried the Pearl Harbor historical scenario automatic both sides. There is no scrolling; neither auto nor manual. Also the Japanese attack doesn't go anywhere. There is no movement. The planes just stay in one spot and never move. I am not on paused; rather 10x

Midway historical: I just let it play out, automatic both sides. It's like Terrific T says: The American fleet immediately sends a strike on Midway right from the get go, no hesitation, individual planes, all in a line heading for Midway. Strike launched before the Japanese fleet spotted.   jonny  Propeller Hat
08-31-2022, 03:53 PM,
(08-31-2022, 03:00 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 06:57 AM)rahamy Wrote: You can send a game file to the [email protected]  address and we'll look into it. But yes, your reports are not common - there are some strike behavior issues that need corrected and that we are looking into, but I personally have played the A/I many times and not experienced this behavior.

Midway 4.0: I tried the Pearl Harbor historical scenario automatic both sides. There is no scrolling; neither auto nor manual. Also the Japanese attack doesn't go anywhere. There is no movement. The planes just stay in one spot and never move. I am not on paused; rather 10x

Midway historical: I just let it play out, automatic both sides. It's like Terrific T says: The American fleet immediately sends a strike on Midway right from the get go, no hesitation, individual planes, all in a line heading for Midway. Strike launched before the Japanese fleet spotted.   jonny  Propeller Hat

Hello Jonny, no idea why you are seeing that, but we released the 4.02 version of Midway last week, so you should grab that:  https://wargameds.com/pages/updates-naval-campaigns
09-01-2022, 12:25 AM,
(08-31-2022, 03:53 PM)rahamy Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 03:00 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

Hello Jonny, no idea why you are seeing that, but we released the 4.02 version of Midway last week, so you should grab that:  https://wargameds.com/pages/updates-naval-campaigns
This is with the 4.2 latest update. If you just try both scenarios (Pearly Harbor & Midway historical) with automatic for both sides you'll see what I mean in just a few minutes.  jonny  Whistle