• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help!
06-09-2022, 10:51 AM,
RE: Help!
(06-08-2022, 10:32 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I had a bleeder.  Can't use right arm, right leg is gimpy, speech is difficult at times when I know what I am saying and get stuck on a word that I have to stop for a couple of second before I can say it.  Constantly filling in memory gaps even after 5 years.  I realized a long time ago that my head was full of a bunch of useless crap.  But, I can still play, just at a disadvantage in a few things.   Big Grin

Thanks for that, hers was also a left side bleeder, about 40mm in size, knocked out the right side. She said to thank you for saying, she is always wondering how much she will regain, when, etc. She was 57 when she had it, she has white vessel disease, which is why it happened.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2022, 10:53 PM,
(06-09-2022, 10:51 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 10:32 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I had a bleeder.  Can't use right arm, right leg is gimpy, speech is difficult at times when I know what I am saying and get stuck on a word that I have to stop for a couple of second before I can say it.  Constantly filling in memory gaps even after 5 years.  I realized a long time ago that my head was full of a bunch of useless crap.  But, I can still play, just at a disadvantage in a few things.   Big Grin

Thanks for that, hers was also a left side bleeder, about 40mm in size, knocked out the right side. She said to thank you for saying, she is always wondering how much she will regain, when, etc. She was 57 when she had it, she has white vessel disease, which is why it happened.

I was 56, 3 weeks before my birthday.  I didn't start coming around until the beginning of Nov.  I had the room at the Nurses station so they could watch me 24-7.  They weren't sure I was going to make it.   I kept taking the feeding tube out, they kept putting it back in.  The last time, they said ok.  But, if I still cannot swallow, it's going back in.  It took everything I had, but, I was able to swallow.  I have to take smaller bites now. 

Tell your wife not to give up.  I'm still figuring things out I can do with one hand.  Sometimes, I just have to think about it for a while.  Once I figure something, there's no stopping.
06-10-2022, 09:47 AM,
(06-09-2022, 10:53 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:

I was 56, 3 weeks before my birthday.  I didn't start coming around until the beginning of Nov.  I had the room at the Nurses station so they could watch me 24-7.  They weren't sure I was going to make it.   I kept taking the feeding tube out, they kept putting it back in.  The last time, they said ok.  But, if I still cannot swallow, it's going back in.  It took everything I had, but, I was able to swallow.  I have to take smaller bites now. 

Tell your wife not to give up.  I'm still figuring things out I can do with one hand.  Sometimes, I just have to think about it for a while.  Once I figure something, there's no stopping.
Pam really appreciates your story, thank you again, it is a difficult struggle, but she is a hard charger as well!! We pray for your continued journey in this as well.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

06-10-2022, 10:20 PM,
(06-10-2022, 09:47 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

Pam really appreciates your story, thank you again, it is a difficult struggle, but she is a hard charger as well!! We pray for your continued journey in this as well.

Let me know if there is anything she is trying to do but can't.  I may have already figured a way that works for me.  Never know.
06-11-2022, 11:02 AM,
(06-10-2022, 10:20 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:47 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

Let me know if there is anything she is trying to do but can't.  I may have already figured a way that works for me.  Never know.

Cool, really appreciate it!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue