• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kriegsmarine released
05-28-2022, 02:01 AM,
Kriegsmarine released
Naval Campaigns: Kriegsmarine - Released!

Read more in our latest blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-c...e-released
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2022, 03:04 AM,
RE: Kriegsmarine released
Just bought it and playing with the sinking of the Courageous. We have a surface contact on the screen, dive the u-boats and turn toward the target. Run at PD for a bit and then damn. Not chasing the Courageous but dirt on my binoculars(monitor). Clean it and no contacts. Sad. Big Grin
05-28-2022, 03:05 AM,
a_Arrow  RE: Kriegsmarine released
Submarine           Battleship
05-28-2022, 04:22 PM,
I instantly bought it. The new engine is fantastic and I hope that all other NC titles will be brought up to this standard.
05-28-2022, 11:35 PM,
I'm going to have fun with this one! !
05-29-2022, 01:25 AM,
(05-28-2022, 02:01 AM)rahamy Wrote: Naval Campaigns: Kriegsmarine - Released!

Read more in our latest blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-c...e-released

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has played this new Naval Campaigns Kriegsmarine game from WDS. Some time ago I bought, but was turned off, their Wolfpack game as the campaign was static battles, unless I was doing something wrong. Any reviews on this? Is the campaign truly dynamic/random or merely a series of setpiece scenarios? Thoughts? Looks like u-boats are modeled...
05-29-2022, 02:42 AM,
It's the same engine as Wolfpack (though the graphics are substantially improved.)

There's a BIT more to the Bismarck Campaign than there was in WP, but it's essentially several battles strung together, with player choices dictating exactly what battle you get into. There is no strategic layer to the game, if that's what you are looking for.

The Random Campaign is that you'll end up in one of 10 randomly chosen battles, which gives you the opportunity to run a battle without full knowledge of what's out there.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
05-29-2022, 03:21 AM,
Thanks for letting me know!
05-29-2022, 11:48 PM,
Playing Kriegsmarine a bit and started with the Bismarck campaign. First 2 battles were interesting but the last one "To France" is irritating.

It is 29 hours long and even with 10x speed there was absolutely nothing happening for the last 30 real life minutes. Given the huge Atlantic that might be absolutely realistic but then we would need more/higher game speed settings.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
05-30-2022, 07:34 AM,
Anyone know what the new waterR and waterS files are in the Map folder? I'm trying to swap out the water files for plain blue water files (modded) but I don't have any modded waterR or waterS files, and I'm wondering what they are and if I can just duplicate my plain blue water files and rename them as waterR and waterS (25, 50 and 100) and that will work? Thanks.