• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kriegsmarine released
05-30-2022, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 11:59 PM by parmenio.)
RE: Kriegsmarine released
The different water files are designed to reflect scenario weather conditions so

S = Smooth wind used when wind <= 6 knots
R = Rough wind used when wind >= 21 knots.
N = Night

The files without a suffix are used at all other times.

Edit: You won't break anything if you replace them.
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2022, 01:58 AM,
Great. Thanks.
05-31-2022, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 04:06 AM by phoenix.)
But my problem is that I can't see the shells and so on with the water being so 'busy' with patterns, beautiful as they may be (my old eyes to blame). So I want to replace all those nice patterns with clean light blue. At max zoom out it seems to me there are no patterns on the water, but I can't find the files that represent max zoom out (water files that are just plain blue)? Can you help with this? Then I could use those files to replace all the others.... Where are the max zoom out water files, which seem to have no water patterning on them, in game - all the water files I can find in the map folder are depictions of water with patterns, instead of just a blank blue colour field, but at max zoom out I'm almost sure I'm looking at a blank blue colour field - so where are those files? Thanks!
05-31-2022, 10:54 AM,
(05-31-2022, 04:04 AM)phoenix Wrote: But my problem is that I can't see the shells and so on with the water being so 'busy' with patterns, beautiful as they may be (my old eyes to blame). So I want to replace all those nice patterns with clean light blue. At max zoom out it seems to me there are no patterns on the water, but I can't find the files that represent max zoom out (water files that are just plain blue)? Can you help with this? Then I could use those files to replace all the others.... Where are the max zoom out water files, which seem to have no water patterning on them, in game - all the water files I can find in the map folder are depictions of water with patterns, instead of just a blank blue colour field, but at max zoom out I'm almost sure I'm looking at a blank blue colour field - so where are those files? Thanks!

Looks to me like the only water files (and I might have missed something) are the ones in the Map sub folder for magnifications of 25, 50, and 100. I've modified these so that the water ones are light blue, the "n" ones are dark blue, and the "s" ones are gray-green.

They all appear  to be working fine (at least when tested in the editor) so far, and are a very easy mod. I used paint.net, and if you want I can send you a copy.

I need help trying to add new ship classes to the game (Ships.dat file). I can edit the guns and load files with no problem, and the ships file can have new classes added (such as German H-39 BBs, and British Lion Class BBs) but when attempting to use them in the scenario editor, the master list is truncated/cut. I suspect something is proprietary or hard coded. I'm using MS Notepad. Can someone advise if there is a work around, or it's a hard no go? Since we live in a DLC world, I won't be too surprised if it's the later.
05-31-2022, 05:26 PM,
(05-31-2022, 04:04 AM)phoenix Wrote: But my problem is that I can't see the shells and so on with the water being so 'busy' with patterns, beautiful as they may be (my old eyes to blame). So I want to replace all those nice patterns with clean light blue. At max zoom out it seems to me there are no patterns on the water, but I can't find the files that represent max zoom out (water files that are just plain blue)? Can you help with this? Then I could use those files to replace all the others.... Where are the max zoom out water files, which seem to have no water patterning on them, in game - all the water files I can find in the map folder are depictions of water with patterns, instead of just a blank blue colour field, but at max zoom out I'm almost sure I'm looking at a blank blue colour field - so where are those files? Thanks!

Sorry... should have pointed that out in my previous post. 

At the two max zoom out levels, the water is just "painted" in a colour as any pattern would be largely indiscernible. However, as 2-81 Amor has pointed out, the other graphics can be easily replaced with plain versions using something like Paint.net.
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
05-31-2022, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 11:08 PM by phoenix.)
Thanks. I've worked it out now. Now I can see what's going on!
06-01-2022, 04:41 AM,
(05-28-2022, 02:01 AM)rahamy Wrote: Naval Campaigns: Kriegsmarine - Released!

Read more in our latest blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-c...e-released

I'm interested in ALL of the WDS naval titles but would prefer to start with Jutland or Tsushima.  Have those titles been updated with the new interface and features of Kriegsmarine?
06-01-2022, 04:45 AM,
(06-01-2022, 04:41 AM)stolypin Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 02:01 AM)rahamy Wrote: Naval Campaigns: Kriegsmarine - Released!

Read more in our latest blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-c...e-released

I'm interested in ALL of the WDS naval titles but would prefer to start with Jutland or Tsushima.  Have those titles been updated with the new interface and features of Kriegsmarine?

Not yet, but if all goes well we should have those updates out in the next couple of weeks.