• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who is the blitz longest member
06-10-2022, 12:04 PM,
RE: Who is the blitz longest member
Hello All

I was just passing by and saw old Randy had posted so I tried my old call sign and password and they still work.
I joined in 2-04 and my last game was 8-14 although I don't remember what game it was.
I still play Panzer Campaigns on occasion and Steel Panthers but these days I play a sci-fi game called Gladius relics of war.
I never forget the people I played against and the fun I had. Long Live The Blitz.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2022, 06:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 06:25 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Hi Gary,

Great to know you still pop in from time to time to see if we are still here.  Smile
06-12-2022, 12:34 AM,
(06-10-2022, 12:04 PM)Tide1 Wrote: Hello All

I was just passing by and saw old Randy had posted so I tried my old call sign and password and they still work.
I joined in 2-04 and my last game was 8-14 although I don't remember what game it was.
I still play Panzer Campaigns on occasion and Steel Panthers but these days I play a sci-fi game called Gladius relics of war.
I never forget the people I played against and the fun I had. Long Live The Blitz.

We are OLD Guard, Gary, Napoleon would be proud to see us still fighting those dastardly Brits.. :)
Jester
Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-21-2022, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 06:41 PM by Bootie.)
(05-16-2022, 11:52 PM)Nort Wrote: I first got involved with the Blitz at the urging of two early members: Bootie and mTk.  I don’t think either are still involved with the site any longer.

Nah... Im still here... more a lurker these days as Im pretty busy with everything else but this will always be my spiritual wargaming home.  

Im sure my join date is a bit askew as well as it says Mar 2002 but Im pretty sure I was here 99/00.... but then again... it is 20 years ago and I cant remember what i had for breakfast these days.

I like dipping my toe in every now and again to check up on the old guard and ensure the mighty ship is still afloat.

Bootie
06-21-2022, 06:45 PM,
Saying that I got vonKriges Own Medal in 2006 for services to the club since 2002 so maybe I am a 2002 member... meh... who knows... its a hella long time anyways.
09-13-2022, 08:12 AM,
(05-16-2022, 06:27 AM)Scud Wrote: Theoretically, the database started with user #01 and added everyone sequentially. I say theoretically since, though logical, I don't know if it actually works that way. That said, the first Blitz member in the database is the admin acct, and the second is the Blitz Shadow Player account. That brings us to #3 who would be the oldest registered account: https://www.theblitz.club/profile/comman...ne/u-3.htm, Commander Arne, who hasn't posted a game result since 2001. I'd love to know who the oldest member, still active, is. I come it at #5604. Oh, the shame.

Just in: Von Luck, at #4 still active on the CS forum. He might be the winner: https://www.theblitz.club/profile/von-luck/u-4.htm

Dave

Dont know about me being the winner ie Von Luck think there was at least 20 in the club when i joined im sure one or two are still here.
09-16-2022, 06:27 AM,
LOL!
I came to this thread thinking it was something else. Rolling Eyes

Longest member means who has been a member of the club the longest? Whistle

I think I was July 2002. I know that I have not been here longer than others. Sweep

Farmer

HSL
12-29-2022, 05:06 AM,
September 2002 here, just happened to be checking and updating old passwords after a security breach and saw this post...

Only play World of Warplanes these days, TOAWIII back in the day (even further back Squad Leader in 77 was my 1st), with all the shenanigans on IV just dropped out.

But now I've got more $s actually just purchased a few games on winter sale, including GG WitP Admirals Edition which I'd coveted for years but too expensive. Finally got on sale for $8 with a lol 10+years member coupon at Matrix.... And GG War in the West for $10 at Steam, another I'd wanted forever... Oh and Command Ops 2, Steel Division Normandy 44 AND SD2, and Tank Warfare- Tunisia 1943... These seem latest and greatest and thought I'd step back in post-COVID and now retired.

Fond memories of TOAWIII- Go Blitz, keep the flag flying!