• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who is the blitz longest member
05-16-2022, 01:11 PM,
RE: Who is the blitz longest member
No kidding Dave!!??

von Luck, at #4...NICE!! Johnny is still around too which is great!!!!

I didn't come on until 2003 when Gamesquad went funky.

Kind of interesting to look at the history here at blitz!! Thanks typhoon for bringing it up!! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2022, 01:22 PM,
I’m not sure the theory on user numbers holds water, 1) because if we had user numbers from the beginning I’m sure JvK and the other founders would have had the first numbers; and 2) I’m pretty sure that Raz assigned the user numbers randomly when he built the first database in 2000, because everything before was manual.
05-16-2022, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 10:25 PM by Steel God.)
I think that it is highly likely that von Luck is the longest serving active member based on his March 1999 game report.  

Although it’s not conclusive evidence that the user numbers were not associated with length in the club, I did find this profile which like von Luck posted a result in March 1999 yet his user number is 930 which supports the notion that initially at least user numbers were random with the initial data base build.

https://www.theblitz.club/profile/von-sc.../u-930.htm

Update: yeah, I’m user 695 with a start date of 9/99, and user 930 posted results in 3/99; I think that’s conclusive that you can’t go by user numbers, at least not prior to 2000.

But bottom line, the title of oldest is Von Luck’s until proven otherwise
05-16-2022, 11:10 PM,
All anybody has to do is go to listed games on a particular ladder, click on show full roster and scroll down to the first game, click on it, (I clicked on game result), and it will show when the game was reported. I had a couple of times I left everything for medical reasons and couldn't get back under that name. I had them consolidate the records. It only shows me on the CS ladder since Feb 2010. My first reported game was Dec 26, 2001. I purchased EFII in Dec 94 when I left HI. For whatever reasons, most likely Flight Sims Air Warrior and Aces High, I didn't find the Blitz until 2001.
05-16-2022, 11:52 PM,
I first got involved with the Blitz at the urging of two early members: Bootie and mTk. I don’t think either are still involved with the site any longer.
05-17-2022, 12:40 PM,
(05-16-2022, 11:10 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: All anybody has to do is go to listed games on a particular ladder, click on show full roster and scroll down to the first game, click on it, (I clicked on game result), and it will show when the game was reported.  I had a couple of times I left everything for medical reasons and couldn't get back under that name.  I had them consolidate the records.  It only shows me on the CS ladder since Feb 2010.  My first reported game was Dec 26, 2001.  I purchased EFII in Dec 94 when I left HI.  For whatever reasons, most likely Flight Sims Air Warrior and Aces High, I didn't find the Blitz until 2001.

Interesting Josey, 

I looked at that and my first game was in March 1999, not sure what's more incredible that I been playing here for 23 years after coming from Leadeaters. Or my first game was the rather obscure WF Battle for Stonne
244 games with legend that is Richie61
05-18-2022, 02:05 AM,
My profile shows me joining April 30 2001. That seems kind of late to me, but mebbe so - I was a little slow on the uptake and didn't notice when Leadeaters went belly up because back then I had several regular opponents I'd met in Leadeaters and the old Talonsoft board, but who, like me, didn't much care about ladders and didn't often report games. One of them stumbled upon the Blitz eventually and a few of us joined, but we still rarely posted game results and were just looking for someone to play. Gradually those guys fell by the wayside, but I'm still here, and these days I usually report, but since I mostly play long team games these days, it's hard to tell I'm active :-)
05-18-2022, 06:15 AM,
I joined in 2004 after lurking about for a year or so, Paul, Randy & Bootie were running things back then.

Not sure when I became a ladder custodian before eventually running the whole club for a while when those guys moved onto other things and JvK went inactive for long periods of time.

Taken a bit of a step back since then, although I still run the TOC ladder with Rick and I also look after the pennies that keep the club lights on. 2cents2

I think it is amazing the club is still ticking on after 23 years when you consider how things have changed since 1999, I think the fact that the members generally are older guys means we kinda like things a bit retro......... Wink
05-18-2022, 10:40 PM,
I always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
05-30-2022, 08:06 AM,
I will toss in my gauntlets.. JimVonKrieg (jimbob) and I were gaming bros, back in the early days of SSI's Steel Panthers gaming site, Jim made theBlitz a gaming site, and I was there to help him with the html and we set this site up, along with THOR, (MARK HIGGINS) $$...
No bragging.
My date of membership is later than many, because I never joined, until the site was working properly.
I don't need a cookie or medal, been here for the games, always..
Yeh my temper has been suspect, my attitude was nasty.. to some.. many.. oh, who cares?
I wasn't Sgt Major of this site, for my sexy arse.. :).
Long live THEBLITZ!
Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard