• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who is the blitz longest member
05-13-2022, 04:09 AM,
Who is the blitz longest member
I just looked and was amazed that I had been frequenting the Blitz for just over 19 years. I know there are others that have been around longer but who has been here the longest?
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2022, 04:48 AM,
RE: Who is the blitz longest member
Steel God is listed as joining in September 1999 and is still active, that's the oldest member I can find.  Wink
05-13-2022, 04:56 AM,
I think when I joined he was in charge of the panzer campaign forum.I think he still plays ACW hell of a guy and a real tough opponent who beat me on a number of occasions.
05-13-2022, 06:41 AM,
I joined in September 2002, so it'll be 20 years soon, although I'm not as active as I used to be. Still play PzC regularly, although I played the Campaign series when I joined.
05-13-2022, 11:25 PM,
I just looked me up. It says March 31, 2000, at 9:00 p.m.
05-13-2022, 11:30 PM,
NortI just looked me up.  It says March 31, 2000, at 9:00 p.m.
Nort you also have a lot of those shinny badges.
05-15-2022, 12:37 AM,
I actually think we joined earlier. I recall that there was a moment when there was a software change-over or problem that required a reset. So everyone who was at the club, at that time, were all given the same start date and time. I suspect there are a few of us with a 3/31/00, 9:00 p.m., start dates.
05-15-2022, 04:00 AM,
Wow,

you vets make me feel like a FNG.  The Blitz is the best wargaming community I have ever participated in.  I always thought I would be retired by now and finally have more time for matches.

Perhaps in few more years ...

Mac
05-16-2022, 12:40 AM,
Nort has the general sense of it, in 2000 the website was converted to something we recognize today as automated.  Prior to 2000 we did everything manually, so the ladder custodian would calculate wins and losses, points and percentages for his ladder that week, and calculate new positions, rework the pages and upload them to the server.  A good custodian would do this about once a week, so results weren’t real time.  When we re-did the website everyone’s join date reset to that 2000 date, mine is different because it was something I was proud of, and although I couldn’t remember precisely when I joined, I reset mine to the oldest game results I had on file, which was in September 99.  I would be willing to bet that some of the old CS players who are still active could find posted results even earlier than my date.  Management may even be willing to adjust peoples dates if they point to a ladder result and ask (we never did it for everyone because it was simply too much work to reset everyone manually).

Typhoon- thanks for the compliment - I’m in the potzer class now, having taken a decade off to deal with life (ie raise 4 kids).
05-16-2022, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 06:32 AM by Scud.)
Theoretically, the database started with user #01 and added everyone sequentially. I say theoretically since, though logical, I don't know if it actually works that way. That said, the first Blitz member in the database is the admin acct, and the second is the Blitz Shadow Player account. That brings us to #3 who would be the oldest registered account: https://www.theblitz.club/profile/comman...ne/u-3.htm, Commander Arne, who hasn't posted a game result since 2001. I'd love to know who the oldest member, still active, is. I come it at #5604. Oh, the shame.

Just in: Von Luck, at #4 still active on the CS forum. He might be the winner: https://www.theblitz.club/profile/von-luck/u-4.htm

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email