• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for a long-term opponent or a warmup battle
03-20-2022, 10:06 PM,
Looking for a long-term opponent or a warmup battle

Hey guys. Ultimately i`m looking for an opponent to play an improvised "campaign". Where we would choose our starting country and stick to it through the battles to follow. The campaign flow is simple:

1) a meeting engagement of 1000-1200 BP`s as an onset of the conflict, say in 1941.

2) depending on the outcome of the first battle, the next battle can progress one or two steps in campaign. (-2)_(-1)_(0)_(+1)_(+2) Where (0) is a meeting engagement battle, (±1) is advance/defense battle and (±2) is an assault. Marginal victory gives a 1 point for the winner, decisive victory gives 2 points, indecisive battle gives 0. So in order to win a campaign, one side has to either get a decisive victory in an advance battle, or any victory in an assault.

3) Each following battle increases in scale (we can decide on the BP increments, decrease in BP`s or staying at the same scale is also negotiable) and advances ~1 year (so if the conflict drags on will switch to SPMBT and continue from there)

I am also ready for a 1000~BP warmup battle anytime.
Leave your email address or Discord id or send me a PM.
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2022, 11:46 AM,
RE: Looking for a long-term opponent or a warmup battle
Lomster, I am myself kinda entangled in the games, but if you prefer to play long-term stuff and you enjoy committment, check on Trudfe for Turda campaigns in the subforums here:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=309

We have a vacant place for Axis and play for a year now. Aaaand we will probably need one more to finish it! Big Grin
This campaign involves battles generated after operational map data, so players maneuver on operational maps. All forces are recreated as they historically were and divisional structures are implemented up to squad level.
03-22-2022, 07:09 PM,
Hey SasTroop. That Truda campaign has definitely caught my attention before, but it just seemed too overwhelming to get into it. If you could kindly post a link to current STRATEGIC situation i might take a look
03-22-2022, 09:59 PM,
Each side has its own straegic map and it just cannot fly around publicly for obvious reasons :P
Operational planning is handled pretty much onlyby Axis/Allied leadership, the rest only plays battles and is informed on the situation for each battle. The planning on the operational scale takes place between battles, so its like once a month and takes entire evening where leaders execute their orders and we resolve air operations on that scale.

The thing you might need to understand is however:
- most battles are really big in sizes, often close to SPWW2 limit of 500 units;
- since the battles are a fraction of operational scale, many of them are completely out of "balance", where one side loosing a battle is an obvious thing to happen, but the real effort is in causing damage to the enemy or preserving own combat abilities;

Also, the campaign is gonna last so you may simply join at any point. However, we expect numbers of battles to raise pretty soon with the Soviets incoming.
03-25-2022, 01:00 PM,
I have started two campaigns with two opponents. So won`t be starting a new one for a while. But feel free to add me on Discord for any future opportunities Lomaster#9219