• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Marathon a
03-13-2022, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 08:46 AM by Jgolch.)
Marathon a
Maybe I just totally suck at the game, but I can't see how it is possible for the Greeks to win scenario Marathon 'a' in HPS Greek-Persian wars.  I say this as it pertains to human vs human, not against the AI.  By the time I make it to the Persian front line my army has been shredded by missile fire and the game is basically lost.  Does anybody out there know how to win this scenario as the Greeks?
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2023, 09:22 PM,
RE: Marathon a
(03-13-2022, 08:45 AM)Jgolch Wrote: Maybe I just totally suck at the game, but I can't see how it is possible for the Greeks to win scenario Marathon 'a' in HPS Greek-Persian wars.  I say this as it pertains to human vs human, not against the AI.  By the time I make it to the Persian front line my army has been shredded by missile fire and the game is basically lost.  Does anybody out there know how to win this scenario as the Greeks?

The only thing I can think of to reduce your losses is to move the hoplites into contact with the Persians as quickly as possible and start shredding them apart.  Smile
I suspect you have tried this and failed to win. The scenario was designed by Rich White and although suitable for play against the AI, it may not have been tested on a human to human opponent. If I get hold of Rich White, I will ask him the question.

Paul
Quote this message in a reply