• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indirect Fire and Airstrikes by Map?
03-11-2022, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 04:24 AM by Jgolch.)
Indirect Fire and Airstrikes by Map?
I have been struggling with this optional rule for years as it relates to Modern Campaigns.  I have dabbled with it but never used it seriously in any of my games.  There is no doubt that with the rule enabled and NOT checking the Limited Air Recon box it is easier to cause massive damage to enemy rear areas.  BUT, isn't this somewhat realistic?  Didn't we always hear that if there was a NATO - WARSAW PACT war that US and NATO aircraft would be roasting columns of enemy tanks and artillery behind enemy lines?  This could be done in Avalon Hill and SPI Cold War boardgames.  I'm talking about games from the 1970s and 1980s.  Also, the previous thread discussed aspects of the Interdiction system.  My experience is that the Interdiction system is somewhat weak.  Maybe its designed that way.  Once again, I'm only talking about Modern Campaigns, NOT the WWII titles.  Also, in the original Bolt Out of the Blue scenario the author recommends using the optional rule "Indirect Fire and Airstrikes by Map" and NOT checking the "Limited Air Recon" box.  Any thoughts or comments out there by people who play the Modern Campaigns titles
Quote this message in a reply