• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spanish Civil War missing images
03-08-2022, 06:27 AM,
Spanish Civil War missing images
Has anyone noticed that the 4.00 version of Spanish Civil War has some graphical images missing?  This is for the standard "portrait" graphics (NOT top down).  When you click on a stack some weapon images are blank on the images portrayed on the bottom of the screen.  For example, the Astra 9mm and the Mortero Valero 50mm are blank having no image of the weapon.  Maybe WDS knows about this and will fix it in a patch.  Anyway, I just thought I would mention it to make sure it is out there.
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2022, 05:17 AM,
RE: Spanish Civil War missing images
(03-08-2022, 06:27 AM)Jgolch Wrote: Has anyone noticed that the 4.00 version of Spanish Civil War has some graphical images missing?  This is for the standard "portrait" graphics (NOT top down).  When you click on a stack some weapon images are blank on the images portrayed on the bottom of the screen.  For example, the Astra 9mm and the Mortero Valero 50mm are blank having no image of the weapon.  Maybe WDS knows about this and will fix it in a patch.  Anyway, I just thought I would mention it to make sure it is out there.

Yes, there are a few instances of this in most of the games in the SB series, they are easily fixed in most cases if you want to dip into the database editor. 

But I will have a look at this and see if I can post a fix for you here.... It won't be straight away but should be in the next couple of hours.... if someone elses doesnt beat me to it Big Grin
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
03-10-2022, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 05:37 AM by Embis.)
I think this should work:

Back up the following files from the main game directory:
  • Loads.dat
  • Vehicles.dat
  • Weapons.dat

Unzip the replacement files from here into the main directory of the game accepting the overwrites.

Boot the game up again and you should see the missing images.

If there are any others you come across let me know and I will see if I can fix them.
Napoleon I
03-10-2022, 07:31 AM,
(03-10-2022, 05:35 AM)Embis Wrote: I think this should work:

Back up the following files from the main game directory:
  • Loads.dat
  • Vehicles.dat
  • Weapons.dat

Unzip the replacement files from here into the main directory of the game accepting the overwrites.

Boot the game up again and you should see the missing images.

If there are any others you come across let me know and I will see if I can fix them.

Thank you very much.  The files worked.  However, I came across two more missing images.  Montero Valero 81mm and the M1898 rifle.  I really can't say if that is all the missing images. However, I did open up about ten scenarios and went through lots of units and couldn't find any other missing images.
03-10-2022, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 06:00 PM by Embis.)
This title seems to be affected more than most, I found another 10 or so missing images and fixed those in these updated dat files.

I am no expert in the weapons of the Spanish Civil War so I don't guarantee that I have absolutely mapped the right image to the right weapon but I think these are close enough and better than a blank box. If anyone sees any obvious errors please point them out.

I can almost guarantee you will find more. I don't have time to go through the whole database at the moment but as you come across others please post them to this thread and I will fix them as they come up.

You can download updated dat files here: HERE
Napoleon I
03-11-2022, 03:54 AM,
Thank you for your help in this matter.
03-15-2022, 08:27 AM,
(03-11-2022, 03:54 AM)Jgolch Wrote: Thank you for your help in this matter.

I found a few more missing images.  M2A1 Flamethrower in "Vietnam."  PRC-25 Radio in both "Vietnam" and "Tour of Duty."  M-16A1 in "Vietnam" (possibly "Tour of Duty" also).
03-15-2022, 05:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 05:36 PM by Embis.)
Please delete
03-15-2022, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 05:35 PM by Embis.)
(03-15-2022, 08:27 AM)Jgolch Wrote:

I found a few more missing images.  M2A1 Flamethrower in "Vietnam."  PRC-25 Radio in both "Vietnam" and "Tour of Duty."  M-16A1 in "Vietnam" (possibly "Tour of Duty" also).

Fixed those here: Updated Vietnam Dat files
and here: Updated ToD Dat files

..fixed quite a few others as well with both these files but there will still be some I have missed so please continue posting as you find them.
Napoleon I
03-17-2022, 05:48 AM,
(03-15-2022, 05:33 PM)Embis Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 08:27 AM)Jgolch Wrote:

Fixed those here: Updated Vietnam Dat files
and here: Updated ToD Dat files

..fixed quite a few others as well with both these files but there will still be some I have missed so please continue posting as you find them.
Found a few more:
Tour of Duty -- M3A1 SMG
Winter War -- Maxim08 MG
Winter War -- MP18 SMG

By the way, I own EVERY title in the Squad Battles catalog so we could be at this for a while if that is OK with you  Big Grin