• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Assaults
03-01-2022, 02:38 PM,
Assaults
Are the combat results of my assaults only supposed to be displayed some of the time? If not then there seems to be a bug in the system.
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2022, 02:53 PM,
RE: Assaults
Can you explain what you mean?

If you're playing with FOW on, you will see something like:

Unknown against Unknown. 

This is normal. You may get lucky and randomly get some intelligence, so the results will provide you some extra details, but that is the rarity.
Send this user an email
03-02-2022, 01:16 AM,
(03-01-2022, 02:53 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Can you explain what you mean?

If you're playing with FOW on, you will see something like:

Unknown against Unknown. 

This is normal. You may get lucky and randomly get some intelligence, so the results will provide you some extra details, but that is the rarity.

In a game against the AI I did two assaults. The first one showed the assault results screen like I expected and for the second assault no results were displayed but the action points were used. I can live with a limited info result displayed but I do not like having no indication whatsoever that an assault happened.

The AI was just set for computer with no FOW selected so your example should not apply. It seems strange that when I was playing the Boot Camp scenarios there was a combat result screen displayed for all fighting but now it only displays when it feels like it. Of course I played the Boot Camp scenarios under version 1.0 and these scenarios under version 1.1 so the problem could be related to that version. If the game is WAD than I feel that even though it seems to be well researched and has a lot of realism I wasted my money on buying it.
03-02-2022, 03:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2022, 03:28 AM by Jason Petho.)
A dialog should always be displayed, it is just the information being displayed that might be not as detailed. Why a dialog is not in your case randomly, I'm not sure. 

Which scenario were you playing?

What side were you playing?

What optional rules were you using?

Where was the assault?

Can you post your files?
Send this user an email
03-02-2022, 03:48 AM,
Are you on Discord or Skype?
Send this user an email
03-02-2022, 04:05 AM,
Not sure it applies here, but if the assault is canceled, you lose the action points.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-02-2022, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2022, 04:20 AM by Jason Petho.)
Right, good point, Scud

If you cancel an assault you will lose the action points (this represents the units organizing and preparing for said assault). 

And would explain why there wasn't a dialog, as it would just display a notification about the cancelled assault at the bottom of the screen.
Send this user an email
03-03-2022, 01:05 AM,
I was playing the French in From the Sky- The Battle of Giong Dinh. The computer AI was set for auto and all optional rules were selected except for Enhanced FOW and Variable Visibility. I do not have any files and the assaults were made against the armed civilian unit in 6,26 after it attacked me. I also do not have either Discord or Skype. None of the assaults was canceled either.
03-03-2022, 02:44 AM,
May you please let me know if it happens again.

When it does, please post your files (the save files). If you could also attach the log files, that would be helpful. 

I'll also play the scenario and use the options you selected to see if I can find the same thing. 

To confirm, you had no FOW with the AI? (the second option, not the third?)
Send this user an email
03-03-2022, 08:06 AM,
(03-03-2022, 02:44 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: May you please let me know if it happens again.

When it does, please post your files (the save files). If you could also attach the log files, that would be helpful. 

I'll also play the scenario and use the options you selected to see if I can find the same thing. 

To confirm, you had no FOW with the AI? (the second option, not the third?)

Yes that is correct, I will forward any files that have problems.