• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal - Pacific War Naval Warfare
02-24-2022, 11:58 AM,
a_Arrow  Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal - Pacific War Naval Warfare
Does anyone own Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal - Pacific War Naval Warfare and the SeaPlanes at War & a Central Pacific 1943 Scenario?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/11633...l_Warfare/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/14853..._Scenario/

If so, what do you think of them?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2022, 11:51 PM,
RE: Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal - Pacific War Naval Warfare
I have them all. Haven't been able to get into them very much. They look like something that was ported over from a phone app, imho, though I don't know whether that's true. I have found the JTS (WDS) game depicting much the same thing more interesting, more hands on. CB4 Guad is more 'operational' I suppose, with you getting to control things for a couple of days or so, as opposed to the few hours you get in a JTS Midway. But I haven't really played them enough to judge properly.
07-20-2022, 03:14 AM,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from the web site for quite some time.

I've been playing CB4G since March of this year. I own the submarine and seaplane DLC. My first games were vs the AI, but since then I've been playing multi (really two) player games almost exclusively.

I've had a very positive experience with CB4G. Even the base game has a nice variety of scenarios. The DLC modules each add a new historical or hypothetical scenario (IMO, the new scenarios alone are worth the price of the DLC).

Admittedly, CB4G is more "operational" than Tiller Naval Campaigns. CB4G takes me back to my days of playing Battleline's Flattop, or even SPI's "Fast Carriers." It won't let you micromanage the operation, but it does allow the opportunity to battle an entire multi-day campaign without information overload.

On a different topic, I've picked up my first Tiller Naval Campaigns title during the recent summer sale. I've had a ball learning and playing Wolfpack. From my PoV, running a campaign such as Coral Sea would be quite daunting using Naval Campaigns, while CB4G makes that campaign highly playable.

Cheers,
Mike
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
07-21-2022, 09:15 AM,
(07-20-2022, 03:14 AM)MikeC Wrote: Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from the web site for quite some time.

I've been playing CB4G since March of this year. I own the submarine and seaplane DLC. My first games were vs the AI, but since then I've been playing multi (really two) player games almost exclusively.

I've had a very positive experience with CB4G. Even the base game has a nice variety of scenarios. The DLC modules each add a new historical or hypothetical scenario (IMO, the new scenarios alone are worth the price of the DLC).

Admittedly, CB4G is more "operational" than Tiller Naval Campaigns. CB4G takes me back to my days of playing Battleline's Flattop, or even SPI's "Fast Carriers." It won't let you micromanage the operation, but it does allow the opportunity to battle an entire multi-day campaign without information overload.

On a different topic, I've picked up my first Tiller Naval Campaigns title during the recent summer sale. I've had a ball learning and playing Wolfpack. From my PoV, running a campaign such as Coral Sea would be quite daunting using Naval Campaigns, while CB4G makes that campaign highly playable.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks for your feedback, Mike!
08-01-2022, 04:50 AM,
(07-21-2022, 09:15 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 03:14 AM)MikeC Wrote: Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from the web site for quite some time.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks for your feedback, Mike!

If you're interested in playing a scenario, please look me up on Steam, or let me know here on the Blitz.
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949