• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Clearing rubble
02-11-2022, 01:07 PM,
Clearing rubble
What is the % chance that an E unit can clear rubble from a hex? Thanks, jonny Propeller Hat
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2022, 01:21 PM,
RE: Clearing rubble
1/2 the digging in value.  I can find nothing that says anything about any modifiers depending on A-E.
cheers
02-11-2022, 06:32 PM,
lezgo is correct. F4 - Parameter data - Digging-In 10% (this may change according to title and scenario). So, clearing Rubble has a 5% chance of success per eligible engineer unit in the hex, i.e., multiple engineer units increases the probability of success.
02-12-2022, 12:06 AM,
(02-11-2022, 06:32 PM)Lethal Wrote: lezgo is correct.  F4 - Parameter data - Digging-In 10% (this may change according to title and scenario).  So, clearing Rubble has a 5% chance of success per eligible engineer unit in the hex, i.e., multiple engineer units increases the probability of success.

the rubble rule in some games needs to be re thought.

it needs to be modified so there is a possibility that the RUBBLE will be removed.

I think RUBBLE should be like obstacles..........one or two turns max and it should be gone.

Bulge 44 and Sealion in particular never repair in my experience.

I have played an entire scenario (50 plus turns) and RUBBLE never becomes rubble.

I learned through experience that I never have engineers try to repair RUBBLE.
02-12-2022, 12:18 AM,
(02-12-2022, 12:06 AM)dukemat Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 06:32 PM)Lethal Wrote: lezgo is correct.  F4 - Parameter data - Digging-In 10% (this may change according to title and scenario).  So, clearing Rubble has a 5% chance of success per eligible engineer unit in the hex, i.e., multiple engineer units increases the probability of success.

the rubble rule in some games needs to be re thought.

it needs to be modified so there is a possibility that the RUBBLE will be removed.

I think RUBBLE should be like obstacles..........one or two turns max and it should be gone.

Bulge 44 and Sealion in particular never repair in my experience.

I have played an entire scenario (50 plus turns) and RUBBLE never becomes rubble.

I learned through experience that I never have engineers try to repair RUBBLE.
Thanks, this is why I asked. Appreciate it, jonny
02-12-2022, 12:28 AM,
Put it this way in all the many games that I have played I have never seen it happen for me.
02-12-2022, 01:35 AM,
(02-12-2022, 12:28 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Put it this way in all the many games that I have played I have never seen it happen for me.

I have seen RUBBLE cleared..........but I think it was only once Sealion.

I don't have engineers even try anymore.

I did try many possible solutions..........multiple engineers, engineer with a lot of men, you name it.........I tried it.

RUBBLE does not clear...........hardly ever.
02-12-2022, 02:23 AM,
This is from the user manual concerning RUBBLE - rubble:

Page 38

Engineer units may attempt to clear the Rubble. Once cleared, Rubble still triples movement costs through the hex, but does allows road movement. Rubble that is not cleared is reported as "RUBBLE" in the Terrain Info Box while Rubble that is cleared is reported as "Rubble"

Page 84

Clearing Rubble

All Engineer units are capable of clearing Rubble hexes. The Engineer unit must first enter the Rubble hex and then, using the Clear Mines or Rubble option of the Engineer menu, toggle the Clearing Rubble operation. If there are also mines in the hex, then these must be cleared before the Rubble can be cleared. The probability that the rubble will be cleared in the hex is half the Digging-In Parameter Data value per turn.

When an Engineer clears a RUBBLE hex, it is designated a Rubble hex indicating that units in Travel Mode can use Road Movement through the hex. This represents the fact that the Engineer unit has clear lanes through the Rubble.
02-12-2022, 02:57 AM,
(02-12-2022, 02:23 AM)wildb Wrote: This is from the user manual concerning RUBBLE - rubble:

Page 38

Engineer units may attempt to clear the Rubble. Once cleared, Rubble still triples movement costs through the hex, but does allows road movement. Rubble that is not cleared is reported as "RUBBLE" in the Terrain Info Box while Rubble that is cleared is reported as "Rubble"

Page 84

Clearing Rubble

All Engineer units are capable of clearing Rubble hexes. The Engineer unit must first enter the Rubble hex and then, using the Clear Mines or Rubble option of the Engineer menu, toggle the Clearing Rubble operation. If there are also mines in the hex, then these must be cleared before the Rubble can be cleared. The probability that the rubble will be cleared in the hex is half the Digging-In Parameter Data value per turn.

When an Engineer clears a RUBBLE hex, it is designated a Rubble hex indicating that units in Travel Mode can use Road Movement through the hex. This represents the fact that the Engineer unit has clear lanes through the Rubble.
well aware of the RUBBLE rules..........I have read them many times.
WDS should take another look at RUBBLE rules and make it somewhat possible to clear the RUBBLE.
02-12-2022, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 07:20 AM by ComradeP.)
Like bunker construction, it's quite random. In shorter campaigns/scenarios, I've only been able to clear RUBBLE to the lower case variant with big stacks/piles of engineer units.

The rule could use some clarification regarding what kind of modifiers apply for size or quality. For other engineer actions, there are modifiers for size or quality but it isn't clear if there are modifiers for clearing RUBBLE.

It makes quite a big difference if there are no modifiers for unit/component size, as that would make splitting a battalion into companies 3 times as efficient as having a battalion clear the RUBBLE hex.