• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

North Africa - New Scenario Under Development
02-06-2022, 07:50 AM,
North Africa - New Scenario Under Development
I'm working on my first scenario for a WDS/JTS game.  It's inspired by a scenario I created for Combat Mission: Afrika Korps (and was reminded of when I noticed it in the Scenarios section of this website.  The basic ideas are:

1) Completely hypothetical,
2) Meeting engagement,
3) Random Reinforcements

The object of the scenario for each side is to take the ridge in the center.  Both sides start with six Reconnaissance Units in a night turn.
Each side has a large number of possible reinforcements starting on Turn 2.  The rub is, each reinforcement has a relatively low chance of appearing (between 3 to 8% for most reinforcement groups).  There are a couple of base groups that have a larger chance of appearing (15-25%).  

The idea of this is to give the players a unique experience each time they play, and to have to make do with what they receive each game.  

Obviously this is probably not meant for the Ladder, but it seems somewhat more balanced than I was expecting.   

Below are two screenshots from two separate games I'm currently running, using the exact same scenario setup and rules with the computer playing both sides with FoW.  This shows the differences that can happen.  Game 1 had no action in the northwest while Game 2's only real action until Turn 9 was there, and it's still a fierce armor fight.

I'll probably ask if someone wants to give it a shot before too long... feel free to respond here or PM me if you're interested.

Game 1:

[Image: qcZNjbh.png]

Game 2:
[Image: yPuXUtb.png]Some closer shots:

Game 1:
[Image: 0TQJny5.png]

Game 2:

[Image: FF1hLQB.png]
Quote this message in a reply