• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics modding query
02-03-2022, 07:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 07:51 PM by phoenix.)
Graphics modding query
I'm messing around with the graphics. Can anyone tell me what the files '2DTrees 100 and 50' are for?  So far, to change the appearance of trees I've been altering trees in the 2DTerrain files, which works. What do those specific trees files do, then? Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2022, 08:43 PM,
RE: Graphics modding query
Hey phoenix, if I recall correctly the map editor only uses the trees in 2DTrees when the hex contains a road. They are spaced so as to make the underlying roads and intersections visible.
02-04-2022, 12:29 AM,
Ah! Thanks.
02-04-2022, 10:08 AM,
(02-03-2022, 08:43 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Hey phoenix, if I recall correctly the map editor only uses the trees in 2DTrees when the hex contains a road. They are spaced so as to make the underlying roads and intersections visible.

Exactly, best way to do these is use a roads bmp, I change all the roads to red, and add trees to go in the correct areas in each cell, make sure to set the cells first, 76x62 pixels for the right centering. When done with the tree placement, you can then replace red with white or whatever background color you are using, voila!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/