• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A few questions!
01-29-2022, 06:29 PM,
c_Question Mark  A few questions!
A few questions!
1) What does -Turret- mean for the ship? Does it only shoot 50% of the firepower or does it take longer to reload?
2) The size of the ship is given in tons! What Tons, Metric, Imperial or US Tons? And does the size of the ship affect the probability of being hit?
Thanks for your help!
Greetings, HaPe
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2022, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 08:14 AM by Gary McClellan.)
RE: A few questions!
Turret means that one of the turrets is damaged. So, effectively you'll lose firepower of 1/t where t is the number of turrets.

ton= long ton

The size of the target does affect the probability of being hit. The details are on page 62 of the manual in the section on Firing Resolution (it's a long section)
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
01-30-2022, 06:22 PM,
(01-30-2022, 08:09 AM)Gary McClellan Wrote: Turret means that one of the turrets is damaged.  So, effectively you'll lose firepower of 1/t where t is the number of turrets.

ton= long ton

The size of the target does affect the probability of being hit.  The details are on page 62 of the manual in the section on Firing Resolution (it's a long section)

But it says nothing about which tower? (Fore, Aft, Port or Starboard)
Greetings, HaPe
01-31-2022, 01:02 PM,
That doesn't actually made a difference. That's one spot where the game is a bit abstracted. So, it's a reduction in the overall firepower of the ship, and would be applied to the value of fire in any given direction. A bit less accurate than tracking individual turrets, I admit, but all of fire resolution is abstracted.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
01-31-2022, 06:05 PM,
OK! Thanks then I'll know! Then I don't have to turn the ship to face the enemy in any other way! Understand!
WDS did a good job!! :)
Greetings, HaPe