• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

J45 Testers Needed
01-28-2022, 04:07 PM,
J45 Testers Needed
Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested in helping out with some J45 testing let me know. Details are here:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/panzer-...-revisited

Ladder points on offer. The chance of a lifetime! Smile

John
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2022, 01:31 AM,
RE: J45 Testers Needed
I've discussed this with Elxaime, and we'd be happy to help test the new campaign.
01-29-2022, 03:05 AM,
This is such a worthwhile project that John is coordinating, if you own J45 then please consider helping him out with testing this title, it is your chance to be involved in creating a more balanced title for our PBEM community!  Soap Box 

[Image: WE%20need%20you.jpg] 
01-29-2022, 03:05 AM,
(01-29-2022, 01:31 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I've discussed this with Elxaime, and we'd be happy to help test the new campaign.

Thank you  Wink
01-29-2022, 05:27 AM,
(01-29-2022, 01:31 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I've discussed this with Elxaime, and we'd be happy to help test the new campaign.

The A-Team! Fantastic. I will email you both shortly. Thank you.

Anyone else that is interested can email me at [email protected]

John
01-29-2022, 05:45 AM,
  • Just want to say how much fun helping to test this title has been. I've played a lot of these games over the years and thought I knew most things about it. Testing has taught me so much more. It's not always easy can lead to moments of frustration but if you get past all that it can bring rewards of its own.John was very modest in the blog of just how much hard work he has put in. I’ve never tested before but sometimes you can play the same thing over and over till you get it as right as can be at least with the smaller scenarios. An adjustment here a tinker there it adds up but it can also do the unexpected as the blog mentions. The campaign that came out with the update just wasn't there. So we began again. John always willing to try something if it fitted the accuracy of the simulation and overall goal of improving the playing experience and getting the balance right. We tried to use the system we had the best we could to achieve a fun balanced game. At that stage I felt we almost had it but not quite. Then in my opinion we hit upon the magic moment where it began to properly meet the goals. The delayed Japanese reinforcement release bought things together. It worked, it was fun and fifty plus turns in as John mentions in the blog in our perhaps biased opinion it's balanced. You get the fury of the invasion. The American suffer on the beaches as the fanatics linger in the bunkers. Then you get some American thunder as the bunkers are taken and the Americans push as hard as they can for as long as they can fighting the terrain and whatever the Japanese throw at them loosing tanks that grow too bold. Then some rest and cat and mouse positional but only one side knows where the holes are and only one side knows where it can push. Fun galore but then I'm biased. Fourth time through and that's where it's at. Of course other strategies and solutions are always available. I've played the Japanese now four times. Lots of turns in those four games but would be great to see what others do to see what is and isn't possible. There is only one lifetime and so many great games in this series. To be honest I usually prefer rolling panzers east or T34s west this was not my thing. Yet with this campaign it is now just because as a game it now ticks all of my boxes for fun feel and fact. lol now I'm advertising please just test away
01-29-2022, 09:43 AM,
A great game thr I got to playtest very good game.
01-31-2022, 01:48 AM,
i just want to say thank you to all of the game testers:) now back to the games.