• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Math Exercise
01-24-2022, 11:13 PM,
Math Exercise
Ok Grognards. Panzer Campaigns. I am trying to cross a bridge (@Kalach-na-Donu) and vacate the enemy in the hex adjacent to the bridge on the other side. Road stacking is 400 so I can get a MOT RFL X of 480 men and only one unit cuzza stacking, whose soft rating is 8 and assault 13 (C grade). But.....I have 22 T-34 with a soft of 14 (Grade C) and 18 T-70's (Grade C) with a soft rating of 10. I havent tried yet but I think they both would fit on the bridge in one hex so both could fire. Is there something I am not thinking of? Either fire group would have to be in T mode to stay on bridge, so fire is reduced.....the same?? I think the same amount. The Mot Rfl has an assault of 13 (if I can get the enemy to disrupt) and the T-34 has assault of 14, and the T-70 is 10. Seems to me the Rifle would be best at assaulting  (enemy in village and tanks would lack combined arms) but the tanks best to fire with??? So disrupt firing with tanks....reverse them off the bridge and assault with Mot Rfl? lol
....just thinking
Probly gonna be moot as I think I wont have time for all that anyway but kind of a fun exercise.
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2022, 02:43 AM,
RE: Math Exercise
(01-24-2022, 11:13 PM)Jim Wrote: Ok Grognards. Panzer Campaigns. I am trying to cross a bridge (@Kalach-na-Donu) and vacate the enemy in the hex adjacent to the bridge on the other side. Road stacking is 400 so I can get a MOT RFL X of 480 men and only one unit cuzza stacking, whose soft rating is 8 and assault 13 (C grade). But.....I have 22 T-34 with a soft of 14 (Grade C) and 18 T-70's (Grade C) with a soft rating of 10. I havent tried yet but I think they both would fit on the bridge in one hex so both could fire. Is there something I am not thinking of? Either fire group would have to be in T mode to stay on bridge, so fire is reduced.....the same?? I think the same amount. The Mot Rfl has an assault of 13 (if I can get the enemy to disrupt) and the T-34 has assault of 14, and the T-70 is 10. Seems to me the Rifle would be best at assaulting  (enemy in village and tanks would lack combined arms) but the tanks best to fire with??? So disrupt firing with tanks....reverse them off the bridge and assault with Mot Rfl? lol
....just thinking
Probly gonna be moot as I think I wont have time for all that anyway but kind of a fun exercise.

Just keep your T units' vulnerability in mind.

[Image: 2022-01-24_08h41_29.png]
02-03-2022, 07:11 AM,
Jim I see a potential problem with this assault. Google maps says that there are roadworks on this stretch!!!!  Big Grin

[Image: 2022-02-02_20h15_39.png]

Yep that assault is going to be pretty tricky! Not a big bridge either for stacking up your T-34 Battalion!

[Image: 2022-02-02_20h17_57.png]

But a nice scenario for testing out bridge assaults. The 14th Motorised are more or less road bound and the 14th Tank Bde does not have an HQ strangely enough?

[Image: 2022-02-02_20h25_15.png]

How did you get on!!!  Big Grin

Ian in hot Dundee.... hows Nebraska!

PS I'll see if I can get a game of Kharkov 42 fired up for you.
02-05-2022, 05:48 AM,
Might be a toll bridge. Did you bring enough change?
02-06-2022, 06:11 AM,
(02-03-2022, 07:11 AM)ain Ian Wrote: Jim I see a potential problem with this assault. Google maps says that there are roadworks on this stretch!!!!  Big Grin

[Image: 2022-02-02_20h15_39.png]

Yep that assault is going to be pretty tricky! Not a big bridge either for stacking up your T-34 Battalion!

[Image: 2022-02-02_20h17_57.png]

But a nice scenario for testing out bridge assaults. The 14th Motorised are more or less road bound and the 14th Tank Bde does not have an HQ strangely enough?

[Image: 2022-02-02_20h25_15.png]

How did you get on!!!  Big Grin

Ian in hot Dundee.... hows Nebraska!

PS I'll see if I can get a game of Kharkov 42 fired up for you.

lol Ian. Nebraska is fine...we got snowed in down in Fort Worth at meetings. Looking forward to Kharkov. BTW at least in S42, the Tank Xs dont have an HQ but the MOT do.
The Axis had weak forces there and I took the VP hex across the bridge on Turn 7 of 8. Gotta love Soviet Artillery.