• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
06-17-2022, 04:25 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. With the release of the 1.21 UPDATE, spend the first part going through what is included in the update in detail. Then, we continue on with the new Day 5 missions. Looking at what I have to do and what I believe is coming, my poor grunts are in for a bad day.

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2022, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 08:38 AM by Jason Petho.)
This is the Sunday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.21 UPDATE, the battle continues. It is Day 5 and there are new missions for my depleted battalions. On the bright side, as the turns progress, I do acquire some very useful reinforcements! Happy Fathers day!

Send this user an email
06-24-2022, 12:22 AM,
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.21 UPDATE, the battle continues. It is Day 5 and I have been making good progress on the advance into Area KILO and LIMA. Area LIMA has been nearly secured and I am organizing my reinforcement ARVN troops to lead the attack on the primary defended position in Area KILO. Exciting times to be had indeed!

Send this user an email
06-27-2022, 05:25 PM,
This is the Sunday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.21 UPDATE, the battle continues. We are nearing the end of Day 5 and while I have secured Area LIMA, Area KILO is turning into a disaster. During these turns, I am rushed to get the mission complete before the end of the day. This is a prime example of how NOT to play Campaign Series Vietnam. I had a plan, then threw it out the window due to my impatience and suffered the consequences accordingly.

Send this user an email
06-30-2022, 05:38 PM,
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. Darkness finally fell on Day 5 and I didn't finish securing Area KILO. I have been attempting to do so and losing infantry all over the place. I would certainly do this day again (well, I'd do the whole campaign again differently). There are some valuable lessons in here on what to do and what not to do. More on the not side. What a mess.

Send this user an email
07-04-2022, 07:46 AM,
This is the Sunday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. We are still in the middle of the night of Day 5, doing what we can to secure Area KILO before day break of Day 6. It's been a grind. Even worse, Dong Tam was attacked by Sappers... and well, that was a mess. I did take some time to explain the difference between Mekong and Bing Long, from a campaign point of view and there were some great questions by those following on Twitch.

Send this user an email
07-04-2022, 11:41 PM,
Here we go, a tutorial on how to find organizations in the larger scenarios, specifically the A Week in ... series of scenarios! This explains how to find specific units and how they are organized in the game.

Send this user an email
07-05-2022, 12:33 AM,
Very nice tutorial on organizations in Campaign Series Vietnam!!

Thank you Jason!! Big Grin
07-08-2022, 12:03 AM,
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. It's been some simple combat, but some good assaults and how to assault with some basic encirclement tactics. I finished Day 5 night and started Day 6, with new missions. I'm definitely not prepared for Day 6.

Send this user an email
07-14-2022, 04:39 PM,
This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. Here we are nearly finished the morning of Day 6. I finally have some reinforcements. WOO HOO! Alas, they are just some Regional Force units, but that's OK, they will be helpful! The day is progressing quickly and I still have lots of real estate to capture.

Send this user an email