• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
05-15-2023, 07:37 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
The seventy-seventh session of A Week in Binh Long. Getting down to the nitty gritty. Loc Ninh seems secured now although the rocket attacks are generally not making me happy. Happiness is having a couple of platoons working their way along the eastern ridgeline where some of the rocket launchers have met a timely demise. Helicopters are buzzing around trying get more boots on the ground in Loc Ninh as well as the surrounding plantation and jungle. A race against time to collect as many points and clear as many areas as I can before the end of the scenario. Only ten turns left. Ten turns!

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2023, 04:45 AM,
The seventy-eighth session of A Week in Binh Long. Rockets. Blasted Rockets! Again, the rockets take out half a platoon in the combat around Loc Ninh. Just brutal. For better news, I am making progress in advancing into the town of Loc Ninh. It's a bloody affair, as it is intense urban combat, at night... without flares. Unfortunately, I've stumbled down into the Major Defeat threshold. Will I managed to creep my way up to a Minor Victory? Draw? Heck even a Minor Defeat? There's only a couple more episodes left of the campaign!

Send this user an email
05-22-2023, 08:11 AM,
The seventy-ninth session of A Week in Binh Long. Racing around the operating areas, trying to recapture many lost objectives. It is a race against time there are less than a handful of turns left. This session provides some excellent methodology for urban combat and at night. How to assault, what to think about when assaulting and how best to prepare your troops for the combat. There was also some great discussion points! We're getting close to the end here and what a blast it has been!

Send this user an email
05-25-2023, 03:24 PM,
The eightieth session of A Week in Binh Long. Well, we finally managed to complete the scenario. 160 hours later and the campaign is under our belts. I should get a medal for that! Not for my performance though, what a battle that was indeed! I did finally end up securing most of Loc Ninh, which was a personal victory after the chaos that was Day 7. I haven't had that hard of a fight in a long time and quite enjoyed it! It will be tempting not to start it up again.

Send this user an email
05-29-2023, 09:16 AM,
The eighty-first session of A Week in Binh Long. We spent today session reviewing the scenario/campaign. Discussions varied from tactics to suggestions to ideas. Lots of tidbits on how to play the campaign more effectively and offering alternate solutions to having a better Day 7 than I had. Things to consider, things to contemplate, things to engage in!

Send this user an email
06-01-2023, 03:48 PM,
Starting a new and shorter scenario since we finished A Week in Binh Long. Tonight we played the first half of The Contradiction - The Battle of Minh Thanh Road. Our core unit is a couple of cavalry troops from 1st/4th Cavalry (Quarter Horse) and we are going to ambush and destroy a Viet Cong Regiment. Exciting times to be had with all this firepower!

Send this user an email
06-05-2023, 07:37 AM,
An error was found in the script and I decided to give it another go. I started from turn 8, near the start of the ambush site. Silly me for doing so, especially live. What a mess. Things were going so well before the Viet Cong decided to get serious. These 12 turns are an example of ways to experience and defeat an ambush, but then get surprised and have a bad day!

Send this user an email
06-08-2023, 03:59 PM,
I could say that the ambush rolled into our favour and it was a glorious victory. Well, that's what the press would say. The reality is that the ambush was finally cleared when the Viet Cong finally decided to withdraw from the highway. That was a rough session today, with more losses than I could shake a stick at. Lots of valuable lessons learned though!

Send this user an email
06-12-2023, 07:51 AM,
An all French scenario session today! After a few questions about how to win the Giong Dinh scenario has come to my attention recently, I decided to give it a whirl with the 1.30 UPDATE and see how it went. I show some tactics on what do to and, of course, what not to do. Ha! The scenario only takes about an hour so then I started up Blood and Coal, Battle of Mao Khe and managed to play through the first 12 turns. It's a mess, but a heck of a lot of fun!

Send this user an email
06-16-2023, 03:52 AM,
It was a very late session last night, damn work getting in the way of my schedule. We ended up finishing up Blood and Coal successfully! That was a fun little scenario, the French parachutists were the core of the counter attack, with some valuable lessons how to assault. The second game was the start of a Rendevous with Destiny - Battle of Ia Drang. This is the first landing with 1st/7th Cavalry in to LZ XRAY in the Ia Drang Valley. I did do a modification, which I explained in my babbles, although I'm having second doubts. Let me know what think!

Send this user an email