• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
04-10-2023, 11:52 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
The sixty-seventh session of A Week in Binh Long. It is nice to have a day with some progress! I have started the attack on the Hill of Doom, it is going well so far and I managed to secure a bunker at the top of the hill. Caution against rockets though still need to be considered, meaning I will have to continually move my platoons around the hill in to avoid being hit. An Loc has been secured and cleared of the Viet Cong. I have to clear the surrounds, but that was a huge victory for this session. In the south, Lei Khe is in the middle of the counter-attack which is slowly swinging in my favour. All in all, it was a good session, with advancements in key areas and not too many surprises by the Viet Cong.

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2023, 04:13 PM,
The sixty-eighth session of A Week in Binh Long. As expected, around the Hill of Doom the rockets came and what a mess they caused. To the west of Loc Ninh there is a battalion sized attack happening against my troops there. I'm attempting to conduct a fighting withdrawal while the battalion attacks Loc Ninh from the south. Maybe that will be a good thing? I hit a DRAW now in the point total, but I still have 40 turns to recover. Keep in mind that 20 of those will be at night.... without flares. An Loc has been secured, the last of the Viet Cong have been captured in the town and base. I am organizing task forces now and clearing the surrounding area. Lai Khe is going well, slow, but well. I should have that taken care of next session assuming I can continue to proceed at the same advance. It's messy, but there's progress!

Send this user an email
04-17-2023, 07:16 AM,
The sixty-ninth session of A Week in Binh Long. I'm making some progress around An Loc, the outskirts. Cleaning up and expanding the area of control, although that has come at a price. The Hill of Doom has fallen but the Viet Cong made my attack in the west of Loc Ninh run away. That was a surprise and not a good one as I suffered quite a few complete platoon losses. I started attacking Loc Ninh from the south and have run into another counter-attack. On the bright side, Lai Khe has been recaptured and I will organize those forces into a few tactical groups to start scouring the countryside. There are less than 40 turns remaining, with 20 of those being at night. I haven't increased the victory level back to a Minor Victory yet, but I started gaining points again instead of losing them every turn. Yay progress!

Send this user an email
04-20-2023, 04:17 PM,
The seventieth session of A Week in Binh Long. The village south of An Loc has been cleared! Finally! Overwhelming firepower and force does the trick, of course. That means that the An Loc area has finally been secured. Loc Ninh is still suffering a terrible fate in the hands of the Viet Cong. I will have to transfer more troops north, the troops I have there are just not enough to mount an effective counter-attack. In the deep south, Lai Khe has been cleared and a couple of task forces have been organized to start a search and destroy mission east of Lai Khe. The tables are turning, albeit slowly!

Send this user an email
04-24-2023, 09:09 AM,
The seventy-first session of A Week in Binh Long. Well that was a decent session. Cleaning up in quite a few areas and making some good progress all in all. I seem to have a good attack going into the south of Loc Ninh and made a decision to fly in a few more infantry companies to deal with the task. My armoured column has almost arrived at the Area Washington Firebase airfield. I know it is defended so we shall see what kind of chaos will ensue there when I start the attack. All of my transport helicopters are around An Loc to lift the infantry to where they need to go. I do love air operations, they offer such interesting options and opportunities!

Send this user an email
04-27-2023, 03:45 PM,
The seventy-second session of A Week in Binh Long. The first part of the session goes over the new 1.30 UPDATE, providing some insight into what it includes and how to install it. Then we get right into the attack. We are running out of day light, unfortunately. 10 more turns before I'm fighting the remainder of the scenario at night. On a positive note, the attack on Loc Ninh is going well... from the south. The western attack had a nasty surprise by a North Vietnamese infantry company overrunning the 2d/28th Infantry headquarters. That was an unexpected surprise! Alas, I lost some more gunships this session. There is action all over the map, which is keeping me on my toes!

Send this user an email
05-01-2023, 08:28 AM,
The seventy-third session of A Week in Binh Long. I finally have a foot hold into southern Loc Ninh! Yay for small miracles! My other attacks against the airfields in the west and east are also going well. All in all, it was a good session. The issue coming is night is only a handful of turns away. This will make the combat operations significantly more challenging! I am pooling my helicopters read for leap frogging across the map during the night as that will be the fastest mode of transportation. I'm currently sitting at a Minor Defeat, but there's a chance I can turn it around!

Send this user an email
05-04-2023, 04:13 PM,
The seventy-fourth session of A Week in Binh Long. The push into Loc Ninh continues and I found some rockets on Rattlesnake Ridge. Unfortunately, a few helicopters were shot down this session, including some lucky hits at a landing zone by an RPG team. The Tong Le Chon airfield has been mostly secured and the ARVN 3rd/9th Infantry has successfully secured the Chi Linh Special Forces camp and airfield! I'm still stuck in a Minor Defeat, although with the number of areas I have been securing, the numbers should start changing in my favour. This will be especially true with recapturing Loc Ninh. Night is a couple turns away, that will be a big hinder on ground operations in the near future.

Send this user an email
05-08-2023, 08:40 AM,
The seventy-fifth session of A Week in Binh Long. What a great session! Lots of great banter and discourse throughout, thank you to those that attend the live sessions. Loc Ninh is slowly coming under my control, although there's a pretty intense counter attack by the Viet Cong that is causing me some anxiety. Night has fallen, which will make operations much more difficult. Helicopters will be the life blood of operations going forward for the rest of the scenario. The Viet Cong are being clever and moving in behind me where I've already been, capturing areas that I had already been through. Sneaky buggers. Can you believe it's been 150 hours already for this scenario?

Send this user an email
05-11-2023, 03:43 PM,
The seventy-sixth session of A Week in Binh Long. An intense seesaw battle happening over the Loc Ninh airfield. The rocket attacks, when they hit, are absolutely brutal. I have managed to land reinforcements on the airfield, although it is touch and go as the airfield is surrounded. Elsewhere around the map, apart from some random ambushes, my helicopters are ferrying troops to the various corners of the map to continue securing the objectives that the Viet Cong have captured. It does seem they are moving in behind me though in some areas, so I have to pay very close attention. It will be a hard night, very hard.

Send this user an email