• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
02-06-2023, 08:51 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
The forty-ninth session of A Week in Binh Long. We checked the Victory status so far and I'm doing quite well. Although you wouldn't think so today, as I had some serious losses today in the terms of important equipment. The Viet Cong has definitely stepped up attacks, I am running into various platoons far more often than I had been during the early part of the week. Some of the Area of Operations are faring better than other areas in their complexity. While I should be able to secure the areas, I'm not sure I'll get the troops back to their bases by the end of the day. On the bright side, I'm having a lot of fun. This is such a fascinating way to play the Campaign Series!

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2023, 11:49 AM,
Yes it is a fascinating way to play the Campaign Series Jason and I totally enjoyed watching it live today!!

Too bad about the Chinooks and the headquarters but I think you'll recover enough to regret it by game's end. That was a tough loss my friend! However, I believe you'll find a way!! Smile
02-10-2023, 12:58 AM,
The fiftieth session of A Week in Binh Long. Wow! Can you believe it, I've been in 100 hours on this campaign! Absolutely exhilarating! So, my planned revisions to the ambushes were not fruitful (one of two was). I figured out why after the fact, I put the ambush to the wrong company. Ha! Close, but not close enough. The company attack that did work managed to destroy three Patton's, which mean that ones I get the correct company working, it will be a very bad day for someone who plays this with the 1.30 UPDATE. I'm also going to ensure the ambush locations are varied. Lots of action all around the map. The Viet Cong ambushes have stepped up elsewhere and I'm doing what I can to tame them and still accomplish my missions.

Send this user an email
02-13-2023, 09:27 AM,
The fifty-first session of A Week in Binh Long. That turned out to be an expensive session. I lost a lot of gunships this turn. The Viet Cong seems to have had enough of my gunships ruling the skies. Viet Cong activity has stepped up significantly and I am running into more of them as I progress with the turns in Day 6. Fortunately, I have lots of other firepower to help deal with the issues, but as usual, I'm running out of time. I'm almost half way through Day 6 and still a long way to go to complete most of the battalion objectives for the day. I'm getting more and more nervous as the hours tick by and Day 7 nears.

Send this user an email
02-16-2023, 05:19 PM,
The fifty-second session of A Week in Binh Long. I showed off a new 2D Map Mod that I whipped up this week to help you identify the varying contours easier. Let me know it the comments what you think!? Otherwise, the session today was mostly a good one! I had a few losses and ran into a few ambushes, but I was finally able to clear QL13 north and south of Chon Thanh. I also came to the realization that all of the armoured troops of Quarter Horse will be arriving and laagering in Chon Thanh for the night! That's a huge armoued force consolidated together. Exciting times to be had!

Send this user an email
02-20-2023, 11:28 AM,
The fifty-third session of A Week in Binh Long. Had a few technical issues today. When I was trying to sort out the audio/video during the editing, I think there might be a few issues. Let me know how it sounds. Otherwise, it was a rough day. A few more ambushes found, some losses were taken and I'm trying to deal with a large Viet Cong force near Minh Thanh. I also sent some helicopters towards the airfield in Area Washington and they've only spotted some RPG's, so it might be a good opportunity to go take it back. I'll rally some troops to do just that and support the ARVN Regional Force (what's left of it) in their recapture. Over the halfway point of Day 6, things will start getting progressively worse.

Send this user an email
02-23-2023, 04:57 PM,
The fifty-fourth session of A Week in Binh Long. A successful combat assault into the Area Washington firebase and airfield, there are still some Viet Cong in the area, but at least I have secured the airfield. Elsewhere the Viet Cong are engaging my troops all over the map. It seems things are heating up. Manageable so far, which is a bonus, but as we are getting closer to the end of Day 6, I'm going to have to pull the troops back to the bases, leaving the night for the Viet Cong. I am trying to attack the Viet Cong I have found throughout the map though, some places I am doing better than others.

Send this user an email
02-27-2023, 09:55 AM,
The fifty-fifth session of A Week in Binh Long. Well that was an exceptional session! Luck was on our side today. I showed off the primary reason for doing the search and destroy missions today - which is something you should be doing since Day 1, but I have not for Day 7 reasons. It was exciting to see some successes! We only have a handful of turns of Day 6 before night falls and the main action starts happening. I am well into the major victory area now as Day 6 comes to a close, but that will all change as Day 7 starts. Exciting times ahead! Below is a link to the 2D Hypsometric Tint Map Mod.

Send this user an email
03-03-2023, 12:21 AM,
The fifty-sixth session of A Week in Binh Long. A Viet Cong here, a Viet Cong there, a Viet Cong everywhere! It seems that as the day light portion of Day 6 is coming to a close, the Viet Cong have stepped up their activities. I have seen many Objectives flipping to the Viet Cong and some of those in very key areas. On the bright side, I think I will have most of my battalions and cavalry troops where they are supposed to be come night fall, with the exception of a few. I'm in a hot battle west of Minh Thanh and I see I stirred a hornets nest west of Loc Ninh. Night is coming. Night is going to be bad.

Send this user an email
03-04-2023, 04:41 PM,
Here is a basic introduction to how I make the hypsometric tint mod (mods) for the Campaign Series Vietnam game. This is a very simplified "For Your Information" style video and not a formalized process.

Send this user an email