• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
02-12-2024, 09:37 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
After an overview of what I have been currently working on, including a new unit, we jumped back into the Battle of Pleiku during the Tet offensive and started our counterattack. It seemed to be going well in most places although my ARVN Cavalry Squadron, supported by US tanks, seems have to stalled in the outskirts of Pleiku. The PAVN are dug in and it's a challenge to get into the part of town they are occupying, especially as I see VC companies en route to assist in the attack. On the other hand, the ARVN Rangers are making short work of any VC they find as they advance into town.

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2024, 09:40 AM,
I took some time to explain how to MOD the latest MAUSMAN MOD, it's super straight forward and simple, so you can customize it how you want. That's the advantage of the Campaign Series, it's all so relatively easy to modify. After, we finished off the first test and started the second. Some new errors, but nothing crazy until later on. I did spend some time with Stipe after the session hunting it down though. Otherwise, it was fascinating to see how the new attacks were carried out by the Viet Cong during the second session, the way the options are coded always makes for an interesting attack. It was even more interesting to see the new covert civilians operating in the area.

Send this user an email
03-04-2024, 08:50 AM,
We went over the latest things I've been working on and answered some questions from those that watched on Twitch. We were still using the MausMan mod for this session, I think the Vietnam version looks pretty nice although there are some tweaks I will do in the near future. We continued playtesting the Battle of Pleiku although during the session I had noticed some oddities and was confused indeed. By the end of the session it was figured out how sometimes I'm not the swiftest current in the stream.

Send this user an email
03-11-2024, 08:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2024, 02:33 PM by Jason Petho.)
It was a much better attack this time by the Viet Cong. I took quite a bit of time to conduct an overview of the various companies and scripting to make sure all was good, I explained the process in the beginning. Otherwise a quick run down of what I had been doing this week and then we played through the night turns of the scenario! Exciting times indeed!

Send this user an email
03-18-2024, 07:48 AM,
After an overview of what I've been working on we returned to our attack into Pleiku. So far the Viet Cong are having a rough go of it, although I did try a few things I shouldn't have. You know, for testing purposes. Yea, that's it. We have nearly secured Pleiku and we're starting to clear the western approaches to the city of the artillery and rocket positions. I have some adjustments to make to the points for the Viet Cong as they collect them, but otherwise, I think it's going well.

Send this user an email
03-25-2024, 10:10 AM,
There was a follow on question to last weeks question! Thank you for the answer that helps with the guidance of the next tutorial video series. We wrapped up the Plieku scenario, mostly to the end. I did find a couple more minor issues in the Lua file, but this is why we test. I think I will do another test of Pleiku offline and next week I will start a new Tet scenario to test. Exciting times indeed!

Send this user an email
04-01-2024, 09:09 AM,
We playtested a new Tet related scenario completely raw. We played through once and then tweaking a couple things to try it again. Fascinating how such little changes can impact the scenario so much! There are some things that I will explore with the scenario lua file, but generally it is pretty good. It's a dirty little fight, which has tough potential for Play By Email.

Send this user an email
04-08-2024, 09:23 AM,
Well holy crap. That went to h3ll in a handbag pretty quickly. I played through the rest of test number 2 and showed how not to use helicopters in a hot landing zone and then in test number 3, we were hanging on by a thread or tooth and nail. Either way, it was an intense fight the whole way through. Each test shows different options and the consequences of those options. Absolutely fascinating!

Send this user an email
04-15-2024, 01:49 PM,
I spent the first part of the stream showing you the steps I would use to add a new unit based on an existing unit in the game. A requested unit was a medivac helicopter for Vietnam, so we added a 1 Strength Point medivac helicopter to the game. Of course, there are no mechanics involved and have any forum of use will have to be Lua scripted, but at least the unit is there to test things out! After that we dived into the 4th test of the Khe Sanh Village scenario. It's fascinating how every time we play, it's different every time. I've come to the conclusion that the eastern landing zones are way too hot.

Send this user an email
04-22-2024, 07:59 AM,
We did something a little different today. I have a series of Tet related scenarios that deal with Hue from David Galster. We started up the first in the list, but this time I played Hot Seat against myself. These haven't been scripted yet, so it is an interesting way to test to understand how the unit capabilities and tactical capabilities are in the game. What do you think of this style of play through?

Send this user an email