• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WDS survey feedback
01-16-2022, 05:29 AM,
News  WDS survey feedback
Thanks to everyone who completed the WDS survey, here is the feedback blog https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/report-...ack-survey
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2022, 08:07 AM,
RE: WDS survey feedback
Though most of their great futbol players are in Europe I think Brazil stats from this poll should still be included in the SA total.
cheers
01-16-2022, 09:05 AM,
(01-16-2022, 08:07 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: Though most of their great futbol players are in Europe I think Brazil stats from this poll should still be included in the SA total.

Good catch! Big Grin2
01-19-2022, 10:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 05:46 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents, Smoke7

It's disappointing, but not surprising, that nearly 90% of players surveyed play against the AI. 

Ability to play anytime against the AI is attractive. Also, it's easier to win against the AI than with human opponents. 

I joined the Blitz in 2006. I remember when posts seeking opponents generated a half dozen responses or more.

Now, like my recent opponent wanted post, there were many "views" but no responses.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-20-2022, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 12:26 AM by ComradeP.)
I'd say it's more difficult to find community websites compared to the time when JTS games were more prominently featured on wargaming websites. I think I only found The Blitz because someone mentioned it on another forum or through an online search engine.

One of the people commenting on the latest WDS blog post also explicitly asks where PBEM opponents might be found.

I think it would be a good idea to include some links to community websites on the WDS website, maybe even have a "Community" tab. Particularly for returning or older players it might be less intuitive to find the current gaming clubs/commmunity websites if they've been away for a while.
01-20-2022, 02:16 AM,
(01-20-2022, 12:26 AM)ComradeP Wrote: I'd say it's more difficult to find community websites compared to the time when JTS games were more prominently featured on wargaming websites. I think I only found The Blitz because someone mentioned it on another forum or through an online search engine.

One of the people commenting on the latest WDS blog post also explicitly asks where PBEM opponents might be found.

I think it would be a good idea to include some links to community websites on the WDS website, maybe even have a "Community" tab. Particularly for returning or older players it might be less intuitive to find the current gaming clubs/commmunity websites if they've been away for a while.
There is a set of links on the WDS site, but it is not very obvious. At the bottom of the Support page, there is a button for "Gaming Clubs". Clicking this takes the user to a list of club links. But again, not very easy to find.
01-20-2022, 06:48 AM,
The club exist primarily to promote playing HPS>JTS>WDS titles via PBEM and so would be very happy to see WDS point customers who would like to try that aspect out to any of the various clubs out there on the net, perhaps a future blog could discuss this subject?

Although I realise that most of the sales are driven by people wanting to game only against the AI, I still think the PBEM community does stir up interest in the various series through discussion and of course provides invaluable feedback to the developers to enable them to improve the product.

Perhaps an section about the "joy of PBEM" in a WDS blog might persuade some "AI only" players to try a PBEM game?
01-21-2022, 01:29 AM,
When I first joined the Blitz in 2012, so many of the posts were about finding opponents that I thought that the Blitz was only for that... I hadn't noticed but that seems to have changed over the years.
01-21-2022, 03:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 03:04 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Sure the community has shrunk over the last 10 years as we all get older and very few younger players join up, but that is the nature of these games that they often only really attract players who enjoyed the paper maps/ cardboard counter games from the old days.

Maybe we should start a poll about who is our youngest player on this ladder, I wonder if there is anyone below the age of 45?  Wink

.......and does anyone still have any hair left?  Whistle
01-21-2022, 11:34 PM,
(01-21-2022, 03:03 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: .......and does anyone still have any hair left?  Whistle

lol Grumpy. I have lost a lot of mine so I just wear a Marine Buzz...otherwise it is not very appealing if I grow it out.
I dunno guys, I didnt have trouble finding an opponent in here when I came back to PzC a few months ago. One had to take a break due to RL reasons but my opponent and I are very much enjoying going through the Stalingrad scenarios (I just listened to David Glantz' book called Stalingrad......good read and fun to hear what the RL units did, and then command them in the game). This has been a lot of fun and I thank my opponent for putting up with me and keepin it goin.

BTW Grumpy......45????...I just turned 69 in December haha