• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anti-tank ditch coloring
01-15-2022, 11:04 AM,
RE: Anti-tank ditch coloring
(01-15-2022, 10:20 AM)bigus Wrote: In short. No you can't have both running at the same time.
Maybe ask the author of the mod's rivers and streams to cut and paste them into his mod?
That's all I can suggest now.

Cheers,

Thanks again mate!
cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2022, 12:08 PM,
(01-15-2022, 11:04 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 10:20 AM)bigus Wrote: In short. No you can't have both running at the same time.
Maybe ask the author of the mod's rivers and streams to cut and paste them into his mod?
That's all I can suggest now.

Cheers,

Thanks again mate!

No worries man. 
There's nothing like fighting graphics. Getting it the way you want it. That's key.

Good luck.
01-15-2022, 08:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 08:26 PM by Lowlander.)
(01-14-2022, 07:10 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: I discoverd some in a game i am playing when i was unable to make an assualt.  Does anyone know of any mods that make them more visible?

As Napoleon said " the simple moves are the best " JUST USE THE 3D VIEW, they stick out like a sore thumb.

The mod by Bigus is excellent I would recommend it use in all the games, at the very least use the 2D and 3D terrain tiles.

On the 3D view, this is grossly underused especially for firefights and assaults, the main reason IMO is the 3D very large sized counters I prefer the pretty 3D figures as I used to play the John Tiller Campaign Series.
01-15-2022, 09:21 PM,
(01-15-2022, 08:25 PM)Lowlander Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 07:10 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote: I discoverd some in a game i am playing when i was unable to make an assualt.  Does anyone know of any mods that make them more visible?

As Napoleon said " the simple moves are the best " JUST USE THE 3D VIEW, they stick out like a sore thumb.

The mod by Bigus is excellent I would recommend it use in all the games, at the very least use the 2D and 3D terrain tiles.

On the 3D view, this is grossly underused especially for firefights and assaults, the main reason IMO is the 3D very large sized counters I prefer the pretty 3D figures as I used to play the John Tiller Campaign Series.

I just tried Bigus' mod on Mius and I agree the terrain is excellent, very easy on the eye. The fields in particular are also much improved from stock.

The thing I like about the 3D counters is that they display some basic stats. On the other hand, they're just big blocks on a landscape, which is a somewhat weird effect. I wish the unit icons in the zoomed in view would be larger to compensate for this.

Interestingly Squad Battles seems to be the only series that's adopted the 3D system from the Campaigns series, but still no match in graphics quality.
01-15-2022, 10:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 10:57 PM by Lowlander.)
(01-15-2022, 09:21 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 08:25 PM)Lowlander Wrote:

I just tried Bigus' mod on Mius and I agree the terrain is excellent, very easy on the eye. The fields in particular are also much improved from stock.

The thing I like about the 3D counters is that they display some basic stats. On the other hand, they're just big blocks on a landscape, which is a somewhat weird effect. I wish the unit icons in the zoomed in view would be larger to compensate for this.

Interestingly Squad Battles seems to be the only series that's adopted the 3D system from the Campaigns series, but still no match in graphics quality.
IMO if someone could mod the 3D oblong counter into a square shape like the 2D one we could have a winner, however I believe this would have to been a WDS decision as it's a code thing.

Edit, on reflection does'nt the games already have the ability to display a square 3D view counter.
01-16-2022, 12:59 AM,
Within the individual nation's file (e.g. SeaLion40\British), it is possible to mod the rectangular counter down to a square using something like paint.net in the game as-is.  But I think the location of the stats is hard-coded, so they'd be floating out in space.