• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Clearing obstacles
01-10-2022, 10:00 AM,
c_Question Mark  Clearing obstacles
I looked but could only find it in reference to mines as to clearing something in travel mode.  Can anyone tell me if obstacles are cleared any less efficiently in travel mode then when deployed?
cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2022, 10:11 AM,
RE: Clearing obstacles
Pretty sure t mode prevents actual clearing of either mines or obstacles. Either way, obstacles and mines are cleared under the same rules.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-10-2022, 11:12 AM,
(01-10-2022, 10:11 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Pretty sure t mode prevents actual clearing of either mines or obstacles. Either way, obstacles and mines are cleared under the same rules.

[Image: 2022-01-09_17h11_40.png]
01-10-2022, 11:28 AM,
(01-10-2022, 10:11 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Pretty sure t mode prevents actual clearing of either mines or obstacles. Either way, obstacles and mines are cleared under the same rules.

If thats the case then their is a problem with B44 because it stated i was clearing obstacles after entering in travel mode.
cheers
01-10-2022, 11:57 AM,
(01-10-2022, 11:28 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote:

If thats the case then their is a problem with B44 because it stated i was clearing obstacles after entering in travel mode.

Was the "Clearing obstacles" message in orange/red perhaps? Just tested in Mius, I believe the unit is not doing any clearing unless the text is white. This distinction is apparently not mentioned in the manual.
01-10-2022, 01:00 PM,
(01-10-2022, 11:57 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:28 AM)lezgo killemall Wrote:

Was the "Clearing obstacles" message in orange/red perhaps? Just tested in Mius, I believe the unit is not doing any clearing unless the text is white. This distinction is apparently not mentioned in the manual.

I dont recall.  I currantly have two units in the hex, one in T and one deployed.  If it hasnt been cleared on my next turn I will post.
cheers
01-10-2022, 07:24 PM,
If the letters are in orange, the unit is capable of performing the action but not eligible to do so in its current state.

I couldn't find the distinction in the manual either, and it's not entirely clear why the distinction is made. Perhaps it's intended to offer a visual clue that the unit needs to, for example, switch to Deployed state. Or that the reason the unit didn't suffer losses when entering a minefield was due to it being an Engineer-type unit.
01-11-2022, 01:51 AM,
(01-10-2022, 07:24 PM)ComradeP Wrote: If the letters are in orange, the unit is capable of performing the action but not eligible to do so in its current state.

I couldn't find the distinction in the manual either, and it's not entirely clear why the distinction is made. Perhaps it's intended to offer a visual clue that the unit needs to, for example, switch to Deployed state. Or that the reason the unit didn't suffer losses when entering a minefield was due to it being an Engineer-type unit.

I will frequently move deployed engineers into a RUBBLEd hex and use the "engineer" menu to command them to clear rubble, just so that they'll be preset next turn. When I do that, the words "clearing rubble" are orange.
01-11-2022, 03:23 AM,
It's a toggle, just like clearing/laying mines, bridge construction or digging in. The first time a check is made to see if the unit succeeded should be the first turn after the turn when the letters are white, provided the unit isn't Disrupted before your next turn.
01-11-2022, 10:16 AM,
This may help.

Kursk Obstacles