• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB CE (Squad Battles Campaign Editor) - Current version 1.1
12-11-2021, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2022, 09:37 AM by Xerxes77.)
SB CE (Squad Battles Campaign Editor) - Current version 1.1
Finally got some time to put the final touches on the Campaign Editor. Helmet Smile

Campaigns in Squad Battles are very straightforward affairs - just a string of scenarios for the player to tackle in order. The Campaign Definition files (.cpd) are small text files that can be edited with Notepad or similar, but while the structure of these files is very simple, it is not officially documented so there's room for potential mistakes.

Here's where SBCE may help. Create your own .CPD from scratch or load an existing one, modify it to your liking and save it under the same or a different name. Add and remove scenarios, description, etc.

[Image: SB_CampaignEditor.jpg]
In the screenshot above I loaded the campaign "Tali-Ihantala.cpd" included with Red Victory.

Installation:
Unzip and drop SBCE.exe in the main folder of any Squad Battles game. Double click to run. The program will look for all the files it needs.

When creating your own campaign or editing an existing one, the scenarios (.scn files) MUST be in the "Campaigns" subfolder, while the .oob files should be in the game root. Once added to the campaign, you can reorder the scenarios using the arrow buttons. You can select the main campaign character by selecting a scenario and clicking the "Pick Character" tab, or by manually filling in the required information in the fields provided.

(Note: Interestingly, the campaign module cp_start.exe doesn't validate the character and simply ignores him if it can't find him in a particular scenario, so when designing a campaign you should make sure the campaign character (with his unique ID) is present in the .oobs of all the scenarios included in the campaign).

I've added tooltips for almost all controls, but as usual I'm here in case of questions, requests, bugs, etc. Wink

Current version: 1.1 (fixed a crash when emptying the scenario list and other small fixes).

Attached Files
.zip   SBCE_v1.1.zip (Size: 809.33 KB / Downloads: 11)
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2021, 12:31 PM,
RE: SB CE (Squad Battles Campaign Editor)
(12-11-2021, 11:42 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Finally got some time to put the final touches on the Campaign Editor. Helmet Smile

Campaigns in Squad Battles are very straightforward affairs - just a string of scenarios for the player to tackle in order. The Campaign Definition files (.cpd) are small text files that can be edited with Notepad or similar, but while the structure of these files is very simple, it is not officially documented so there's room for potential mistakes.

Here's where SBCE may help. Create your own .CPD from scratch or load an existing one, modify it to your liking and save it under the same or a different name. Add and remove scenarios, description, etc.

[Image: SB_CampaignEditor.jpg]
In the screenshot above I loaded the campaign "Tali-Ihantala.cpd" included with Red Victory.

Installation:
Unzip and drop SBCE.exe in the main folder of any Squad Battles game. Double click to run. The program will look for all the files it needs.

When creating your own campaign, the scenarios should be in the "Campaigns" subfolder. Once added to the campaign, you can reorder them using the arrow buttons. You can also select the main campaign character via the "Pick Character" tab or manually fill in the required information in the fields provided.

(Note: Interestingly, the campaign module cp_start.exe doesn't validate the character and simply ignores him if it can't find him in a particular scenario, so when designing a campaign you should make sure the campaign character (with his unique ID) is present in the .oobs of all the scenarios included in the campaign).

I've added tooltips for almost all controls, but as usual I'm here in case of questions, requests, bugs, etc. Wink

OUTSTANDING!! I love it, you do very fine work my friend! Thanks for sharing!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-12-2021, 01:54 AM,
Havent had chance to look at this closely yet...but... wow... fantastic!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
12-12-2021, 02:09 AM,
FANTASTIC!!
Send this user an email
12-12-2021, 03:46 AM,
Hmm.
My virus program flagged the download as having a trojan script.
Anyone else see this?
12-12-2021, 04:26 AM,
(12-12-2021, 03:46 AM)bigus Wrote: Hmm.
Anyone else see this?

I scanned it, mine says its clean.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
12-12-2021, 06:46 AM,
(12-12-2021, 03:46 AM)bigus Wrote: Hmm.
Anyone else see this?

That's a bummer. One of the main reasons I switched to Delphi early this year was that Windows Defender keeps throwing false positives on the compiled Python code (apparently a common issue). The other reason was that I wanted to keep the executables small. No idea what could be triggering your av bigus as I'm not using anything fancy, just sticking to the basic component library.
01-09-2022, 09:36 AM,
RE: SB CE (Squad Battles Campaign Editor) - Current version 1.1
Just added a new version with small fixes. :-)