• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Bolt out of the Blue 10.0 Beta
12-03-2021, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 09:35 PM by Strela.)
The Bolt out of the Blue 10.0 Beta
Hi All,

As announced in our latest blog post here: Link to Blog Post  we are releasing a Beta version of The Bolt out of the Blue version 10.0.

As this is a beta version this thread is intended to capture feedback, experiences and issues to allow Aaron to update as needed.

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2021, 11:55 PM,
RE: The Bolt out of the Blue 10.0 Beta
(12-03-2021, 09:33 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

As announced in our latest blog post here: Link to Blog Post  we are releasing a Beta version of The Bolt out of the Blue version 10.0.

As this is a beta version this thread is intended to capture feedback, experiences and issues to allow Aaron to update as needed.

Thanks,

David
Excellent news!

I think I caught one issue: New replacement value in the PDT - set to 0 for both sides. I already have replacements built into the OOB.
I fell into that myself and I was pointed out if Replacements in the PDT is 0 then there is no reiforcements. It should be 1 to allow reinforcements in the OOB to work as intended.
12-04-2021, 09:43 AM,
(12-03-2021, 11:55 PM)Indragnir Wrote:

Thanks,

David
Excellent news!

I think I caught one issue: New replacement value in the PDT - set to 0 for both sides. I already have replacements built into the OOB.
I fell into that myself and I was pointed out if Replacements in the PDT is 0 then there is no reiforcements. It should be 1 to allow reinforcements in the OOB to work as intended.
Is the new scenario able to be played on both sides?
12-04-2021, 04:05 PM,
(12-04-2021, 09:43 AM)Coachjohn Wrote:

Thanks,

David
Excellent news!

Is the new scenario able to be played on both sides?

I believe so.
12-04-2021, 04:29 PM,

Thanks,

David
Excellent news!

Thanks for picking that up Cesar.

The zip file has now been updated with a revised PDT and one corrected graphic. You can either download the full package again or alternatively apply the PDT and graphic files in the zip file attached here.

Thanks,

David

Attached Files
.zip   The Bolt out of the Blue 10.0 PDT & Graphic.zip (Size: 10.87 KB / Downloads: 18)
12-04-2021, 05:09 PM,
When I want to download the file from
https://wargameds.s3.amazonaws.com/updat...ta+DLC.zip

I get this error message

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>QRPENFN0C1Q7JX06</RequestId>
<HostId>
oxsaP+NLMEqHgPfKVAiSeeBR3dgE8f2PtZmWns+3zaBc9GK8mQl13bHU/h5bbhEql58YYRPW1/E=
</HostId>
</Error>
12-04-2021, 06:25 PM,
It should be ok now, user error this side!
12-04-2021, 08:27 PM,
2 small things to correct on the Austrian side of the map:

+ The border town "Branau" should be called "Braunau"
(You probably know the city for the guy born there...really infamous city...)

+ "Salzberg" should be "Salzburg"
(Pretty famous city because of Mozart)
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
12-05-2021, 05:47 AM,
Thanks KAreil, I will get those corrected.
12-05-2021, 09:06 AM,
You may want to add to the Bolt 10.0 Changelog what the recommended Optional Rules are for Bolt 10.0. It can be confusing knowing whether the recommended optional rules are still Bolt 5.3, vanilla HPS D85, vanilla WDS D85 or what is in the scenario description for Bolt 10.0. For example, helicopter blocking is still checked for 10.0, even though helicopters are now abstracted. And it is not that clear - at least to me - whether one should use alt assault, artillery set-up and artillery/airstrikes by map in Bolt 10.0.