SB HQ (Squad Battles launcher)
12-04-2021, 02:50 AM,
RE: SB HQ (Squad Battles launcher)
Very nice indeed! Works like a charm. Thanks for sharing it Xerxes77!! Wink
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2021, 04:24 AM,
Thank you all guys for the feedback!!

I have just updated a new version with a couple of fixes, improvements and a way to use mods more efficiently. Detailed instructions in the changelog.txt file included in the zip.

@Mike, the mod management part was inspired by SBWW2, so you may want to check it out ;-)
12-04-2021, 09:38 AM,
The mod button works fine since I checked run as admin, thanks sir. That mod profile sounds good must investigate further, thx again.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
12-04-2021, 12:38 PM,
(12-04-2021, 04:24 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Thank you all guys for the feedback!!

I have just updated a new version with a couple of fixes, improvements and a way to use mods more efficiently. Detailed instructions in the changelog.txt file included in the zip.

@Mike, the mod management part was inspired by SBWW2, so you may want to check it out ;-)
Awesome, thanks!! Gonna check it out ASAP!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-03-2022, 08:56 PM,
This is a great program. I do have one suggestion in regards to JSGME. I use it the alternate way, with it installed in a central location and edit a shortcut to it to use for the various games, so the mods button doesn't work for me. Would you be able to create a setting so we can point SBHQ to it?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
01-03-2022, 09:17 PM,
(01-03-2022, 08:56 PM)PinetreeS Wrote: This is a great program. I do have one suggestion in regards to JSGME. I use it the alternate way, with it installed in a central location and edit a shortcut to it to use for the various games, so the mods button doesn't work for me. Would you be able to create a setting so we can point SBHQ to it?

Hi Pinetree, that is a good point. You're using .lnk shortcuts, correct? The launcher doesn't use any configuration files at the moment, so maybe I can make it look for shortcuts automatically in the game folder instead of forcing the user to choose them with every session.

Something for the next version, thanks for the suggestion!
01-03-2022, 10:05 PM,
(01-03-2022, 09:17 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:56 PM)PinetreeS Wrote: This is a great program. I do have one suggestion in regards to JSGME. I use it the alternate way, with it installed in a central location and edit a shortcut to it to use for the various games, so the mods button doesn't work for me. Would you be able to create a setting so we can point SBHQ to it?

Hi Pinetree, that is a good point. You're using .lnk shortcuts, correct? The launcher doesn't use any configuration files at the moment, so maybe I can make it look for shortcuts automatically in the game folder instead of forcing the user to choose them with every session.

Something for the next version, thanks for the suggestion!

The .lnk shortcuts are actually on the desktop where you set the target for the game folder in the shortcut properties but JSGME does create an .ini file in a game's root folder that would work just as well as it contains the path to the JSGME.exe. Here's an example from my install of ToD:

Code:
[MODS FOLDER]
Name=MODS
[JSGME DETAILS]
FullPath=C:\Games\JSGME\JSGME.exe
[FORM SIZE]
Main Height=529
Main Left=462
Main Top=186
Main Width=676
Main WindowState=0
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
01-03-2022, 10:08 PM,
(01-03-2022, 10:05 PM)Pinetree Wrote: The .lnk shortcuts are actually on the desktop where you set the target for the game folder in the shortcut properties but JSGME does create an .ini file in a game's root folder that would work just as well as it contains the path to the JSGME.exe. Here's an example from my install of ToD:

Code:
[MODS FOLDER]
Name=MODS
[JSGME DETAILS]
FullPath=C:\Games\JSGME\JSGME.exe
[FORM SIZE]
Main Height=529
Main Left=462
Main Top=186
Main Width=676
Main WindowState=0

Excellent, that makes things easier as I can just read the fullpath value. Thank you!
01-06-2022, 02:57 AM,
Excellent work thanks for your work and dedication to this community
01-06-2022, 07:53 AM,
(01-06-2022, 02:57 AM)Yeray Wrote: Excellent work thanks for your work and dedication to this community

Glad you like it, enjoy! Smile