• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Passive Sonar, again!
12-01-2021, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 02:37 PM by Lethal.)
Passive Sonar, again!
Hello WP players,

>>>  Original Edited, reinstall fixed the observation.

Passive Sonar has extended range!  yay!

Getting Started scenario, U-Boat fires off active sonar (bright green line), yet display indicates Passive.

Version 4.0.

Perhaps the active in emanating from the U-Boat when it should be from the surface ship (?) 

Anyone else get this?
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2021, 07:13 PM,
RE: Passive Sonar, again!
(12-01-2021, 02:11 PM)Lethal Wrote: Hello WP players,

>>>  Original Edited, reinstall fixed the observation.

Passive Sonar has extended range!  yay!

Getting Started scenario, U-Boat fires off active sonar (bright green line), yet display indicates Passive.

Version 4.0.

Perhaps the active in emanating from the U-Boat when it should be from the surface ship (?) 

Anyone else get this?

It does indeed show bright green lines.... however from the manual:

When sonar detects another ship, a green line will be drawn from the ship with the sonar in the approximate direction of the detected ship. A dark green line indicates a detection made using passive sonar while a bright green line indicates a detection either made using active sonar or made by passive sonar hearing the pings of a target with active sonar.
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
12-02-2021, 07:52 AM,
Hi Parmenio,

Thanks for highlighting the "or" statement! (p. 40) All this time and I missed it!

So far, I have been happy with the quality of the update v4.0. Looks clearer as well.

Just need to remember to Inhibit Firing when the U-Boat is surfaced!
12-02-2021, 12:07 PM,
(12-02-2021, 07:52 AM)Lethal Wrote: Hi Parmenio,

Thanks for highlighting the "or" statement! (p. 40)  All this time and I missed it!

So far, I have been happy with the quality of the update v4.0.  Looks clearer as well.

Just need to remember to Inhibit Firing when the U-Boat is surfaced!

Just wait!
*rubs hands in glee*
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine