• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
11-24-2021, 11:15 AM,
Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hi !

I would like a PBEM game (maximum medium size) to be played with the new Slitherine PBEM system... Anyone interested ?
I'm fine with QB or pre-made scenarios... I'm an experienced player, but i don't play too much lately (and i don't have a PBEM game maybe in the last 3 years)
Only request : considering the great quantity of time a CMx2 game requires, i ask only for players that don't disappear at some point... sorry for my bad english... my usual turn rate is 1 or more turns for day.

Best regards !
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2021, 10:31 PM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hello
Nice to play with you, I'm willing, but this: new Slitherine PBEM system I don't know what it is, can you please explain it to me..ok ???
My email: [email protected]
Greetings.
11-27-2021, 01:13 AM,
Cold War is the first CM game that is being integrated into Slitherine's PBEM server. If you play that way there are not files to move around no manual downloading or attaching to emails (as if anyone does that anymore). Instead the game connects to their server and once you are logged in (need a Matrix account) your files are downloaded and you can play your turn. Once you are done your file is uploaded for your opponent.

BFC are releasing a patch soon that will also work with the system so you don't need to get CM through Steam to play that way. You do need a Matrix account.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
11-27-2021, 06:12 AM,
Okay!!

Thanks for the explanation, I was already registered on the Slitherine page, the problem is that I do not have the Cold war
and I will have to wait for them to put another game that I have installed, the system is very interesting and once it is caught
shapes can be a lot of fun ....

Thanks and regards..